No announcement yet.

What oil do you use in your engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On 15/40 oil....I found an oil at Wal-Mart actually that has some of the ratings on it they called for.
    Delco 400 SDE - 15W-40 HD diesel engine oil, has CK-4/SN rating

I personally switched to the Mobile 1, Dexos 2 - 5w/30 synthetic in August of this year due to the PCM Service Advisory referenced above that came out in July of this year. My engine is the 6.0 tho. They did say the 5.7 is not included in the Service Advisory

Comment

Originally posted by TigeFamily View Post
      On 15/40 oil....I found an oil at Wal-Mart actually that has some of the ratings on it they called for.
      Delco 400 SDE - 15W-40 HD diesel engine oil, has CK-4/SN rating

I personally switched to the Mobile 1, Dexos 2 - 5w/30 synthetic in August of this year due to the PCM Service Advisory referenced above that came out in July of this year. My engine is the 6.0 tho. They did say the 5.7 is not included in the Service Advisory
      What was the service advisory for?

I wish I could run a 5W40 or a 5W30. There are an assortment of high quality oils for half the price I'm paying for Royal Purple. AND it would work in other vehicles I have. I hate having to run a unicorn oil in each vehicle.

Comment

2F7C23D1-1DB3-4C61-9C38-A1C5B1838DC9.jpg07FF47EB-F8C9-48BC-B3AB-27121478AD4A.jpg319118A9-90B8-4221-A73B-F1F967E1A4C4.jpg1040598C-D75A-4C0B-85C7-691AF1421D78.jpg

These are the photos of the label off of Indmar’s 15w40. Sorry for the multiple photos, but I wanted them to be readable.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
          What was the service advisory for?

I wish I could run a 5W40 or a 5W30. There are an assortment of high quality oils for half the price I'm paying for Royal Purple. AND it would work in other vehicles I have. I hate having to run a unicorn oil in each vehicle.
          Basically the advisory (#SAP2019-01) was for "updated engine oils specs" for many of the PCM engines. They said these engines are designed specifically for the DEXOS GEN 2 formula oil (5W-30). They also said that the Ford GT40, 5.7L & 8.1L engines should still use the 15w-40. They also now specify engine oil changes under "normal use" every 50hrs or 120 days....and under "heavy/high RPM" use every 30hrs or 120 days, whichever comes first!

Here is a link from PN so you can check it out.
          https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/f...specifications

Comment

Here is the advisory for those wondering. (btw your link is corrupted)

This appears to NOT apply to the EX343, which is an older GEN II GM block.

Comment

There are secret built-in trackers which will let you track the person on a secret tracking mod as it is the best way to track a phone without them knowing it.

Comment

Working...
              X