anyone else with 09 vinyl issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guapo View Post
    Mine never dry. I'm concerned about mold and rotting of the plywood that's sandwiched between the carpet and the cushion. I want to drill a hole through the carpet/plywood to let them breathe, but since it's under warranty, I'll let the dealer do that
    No worries, there's no wood, it's a Starboard type marine Faux wood.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      No worries, there's no wood, it's a Starboard type marine Faux wood.
      That makes me feel better, but they still smell musty and stay damp.

Comment

I had three problem areas: rear bench, middle of port side bench, and port bow. Of these, the rear bench was the worst.

Only the rear bench qualified for warranty replacement. I am guessing the other areas (and maybe more) will need replacement after this coming season (when out of labor portion of warranty).

Comment

I know that we have one area that has started to tear a little. It is located right at the tip of one of the somewhat triangular accent pieces...the main panel is tearing at that point. Looking at other areas, it seems that cutting and stiching pattern puts a lot of stress at that point. I plan to look at it closer with our dealer one of these days.

Comment

I just picked up a 09 22ve and my rear seat on the port side is coming apart. Boat had 4 hours when I bought it but the dealer said Tige will warranty it.

Maybe the stitching is to tight

Love the boat though

Comment

We are still waiting on a replacement skin for the back bench. Ordered over winter but I guess they are backlogged.

A little disapointing the other two areas were not covered but I guess they haev to draw the line somewhere. Will probably have to replace them after this season (parts warranty but not labor).

Anyone else with "new" vinyl wear issue updates?

Still love our boat btw! Just trying to work out the kinks

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
              I had three problem areas: rear bench, middle of port side bench, and port bow. Of these, the rear bench was the worst.

Only the rear bench qualified for warranty replacement. I am guessing the other areas (and maybe more) will need replacement after this coming season (when out of labor portion of warranty).

Comment

Just got the call Friday that my skin is in that was ordered in the fall but, I am gonna wait until this fall to get it done.

Comment

Working...
                X