anyone else with 09 vinyl issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone else with 09 vinyl issues?

The seams on the vinyl of our '09 RZ2 are starting to separate in a few places. Only one spot, about an inch long, has actually ripped a seam. The worst spots in the corners of the back bench but the same pulling apart appears in other places too.

We have over 90 hours on the boat just this summer--is this level of wear consistent with that level of usage?

Bought my 09 22Ve July 2nd, have one spot that ive seen and it is where the seem and the main vinyl seat cover have separated... not completely mind you but they still have some stitching that binds them. Have put about 60 hours on since we bought it and it only had the 1 hour from the factory test drive.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhatchett View Post
      Bought my 09 22Ve July 2nd, have one spot that ive seen and it is where the seem and the main vinyl seat cover have separated... not completely mind you but they still have some stitching that binds them. Have put about 60 hours on since we bought it and it only had the 1 hour from the factory test drive.
      Maybe it is just green Tiges with vinyl issues? Great looking boat -- are there pics up on the forum of it?

Comment

I know that we have one area that has started to tear a little. It is located right at the tip of one of the somewhat triangular accent pieces...the main panel is tearing at that point. Looking at other areas, it seems that cutting and stiching pattern puts a lot of stress at that point. I plan to look at it closer with our dealer one of these days.

Comment

We had to get our rear bench seat replaced (noticed immediately after taking delivery of the boat). I also see a few other areas that the seams look stretched/stressed.

Comment

why is this happening? the interior is a major let down on such an expensive boat... our 03 malibu interior was of a much higher fit and finish..

Comment

On my 2007 the my dealer had to have a local shop tighten all of the curved sections of vinyl. In some areas is was wrinkled. The fixes appear to be holding up but we have very few hours on the boat after two seasons.

A habit we got into with our previous boat(FourWinns) was to have a square throw cushion on both sides of the rear bench for people to step on and to distribute the weight. Until we got into this habit with the Fourwinns the rear seams were shot in a couple of years. With the throw cushion to step on the seat still looked like new after 10 years on the replacement.

If the dock is long enough for our passengers to be able to step onto the swim platform we have them do that and then slide on their kiesters to the rear bench and slide onto that.

For our labs we have 6 towels sewn into a big rectangle where they can walk onto the sundeck and then to the rear bench on the towels. In the summer their nails are kept as short as possible and as blunt on the end that our groomer can do. We also for $10 a lab put a rubber cover over their nails which usually last 1-2 weeks. The labs are not allowed on the seats other than to get on the boat or back to the swim platform to go into the water.

Comment

I have over half of the skins on my interior ready to be warrantied in the offseason.

Dont even get me started.....
                Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                  Maybe it is just green Tiges with vinyl issues? Great looking boat -- are there pics up on the forum of it?
                  No I dont have any pics up on the forum only a few on my page in an album.

here is one of my favorites though... My younger brother and I at Possum Kingdom lake in TX.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Did Tige change vinyl proceses? This sounds similar to issues from a few years ago!
                    Seams failing on an 2009 is weird. Is ONLY happening on RZ models?

Comment

The RZ's have a more elaborate stitching on the vinyl that the Ve series IMO. Hence the problems.

Comment

My boat is a 09 22Ve and I described my problems above, so I guess its most or even all 09's.

Comment

knock on wood, my 09 is good so far.
                          Are you guys using anything containing bleach on your seats. I have read that bleach will weaken the stitching pretty quickly?

Comment

What cleaning products do you use???
                            Common Sense is not so Common
                            Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
                              What cleaning products do you use???
                              So far, I have only used Exquisite that I ordered from SPBFan. Or a damp microfiber cloth.

Comment

Working...
                              X