Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. measure the old cable
    2. 90% of the time you gotta pull up the gas tank
    3. get a flex shaft ratchet set, about $30. great for reaching under the engine block

Comment

tough going

Ok, I got the back end torn apart and my gas tank cover/floor piece won't come up for anything. I can't find a damn thing that could be holding it on. I'm leary of yanking on it too hard and causing damage. I think if I can get that piece out I should be able to do the routing over the tank fairly easily. I have a pic but the darn camera batt died before I got a good one of the floor piece.

I also have a 16' cable in the boat and the dealer ordered me an 18'. Opinions on whether it will work or not? I said it should be ok the wife says wait another week to order the right one. We're in WI....not a lot of playtime left to waste it in the shop. Anybody used a longer one?

ok, can't figure out how to load a pic on to here. hope this works.

I don't think I've had enough beer- nothing seems to cooperate w/ me tonight.
      Attached Files
      Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

There are 4 screws buried in your carpet that are holding the floor down. Mine rusted out, so mine came up easily. Try feeling along the edges of the floor panel for the screw heads. They should be a phillips head. If I recall correctly, they were about 6"-8" from either end of the floorboard.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Our 2000 21V had no screws holding the floor panel down. Just the friction of a tight fit with the carpet around the edges was holding it in. The first time I tried to take it out it was a little snug. The last couple of times it has come out much easier. I just stood with my feet on either side, grabbed the end by the V-drive with both hands and yanked.

Comment

3 screws

There were 3 screws holding my floor down. GOOD LUCK finding them!!!!! I ended up heaving the damn thing up with my incredibly massive super human man strength...ok, maybe not, but I did pry at the stuck points with a screw driver until they gave way. Then I pulled and it came out. I will not use the screws when I put it back in.

Comment

mine didn't have any screws. pulled right up

Comment

Replace it with the same size screws, just use the deck kind that are supposed to not rust. I rebuilt my ski ledges with these and they seem to be holding up just fine.
                http://www.wakeboatworld.com
                []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

mine had screws, I didn't put them back in as the batteries and the snug fit don't warrant them
                  Originally posted by G-MONEY
                  It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Yeah, my floor was really tight going back in and it's held by the back seat. I can't imagine why I would need screws to hold it in. I was out all weekend and never had an issue, so I'm assuming it'll continue to be fine with no screws.

Comment

Mine rusted out a couple of years ago. I've never had it cause a problem.
                      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
                      X