Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two of my neighbors each have 2002 21v Rider's editions and they both have it. I know they offered it as an option back in 2000.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Guys, I have a more in depth tutorial up on my new website
      http://www.wakeboatworld.com/index.p...d=22&Itemid=35
      Visit it for more details on this process.
      http://www.wakeboatworld.com
      []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Great job Spharis,
        I believe that now I can do that myself whenever it is needed and looks like the GFO is the way to go. How much do you tighten the packing nut? I remember something about 1 drip a second or minute or something but was that at idle or running?
        David
        Lubbock, TX

Comment

one drip every minute, according to spharis.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
            one drip every minute, according to spharis.
            OK, I think one a minute is with the GFO as they describe it as being "dripless". I'm thinking that the older stuff needs more water than that, maybe one drop every 10 seconds or so but my main question is are we discussing this while in neutral, in gear at idle or at what speed? The speed of the rotation of the shaft has a definite impact on the drip and I want to be sure I understand this.
            David
            Lubbock, TX

Comment

I believe it's at idle speed. Remember, the water's a lubricant and keeps it from burning up.

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
                Mine is a 2003 so I guess since then.. Im not sure if any earlier.
                I have a 2000 year model 22i that has this same dripless seal on it. However, on my first lake trip I got a lot of water in the bilge and have no idea where it came from.

Comment

Originally posted by rpaxton View Post
                  I have a 2000 year model 22i that has this same dripless seal on it. However, on my first lake trip I got a lot of water in the bilge and have no idea where it came from.
                  It could come from a number of places.
                  -Drain plugs
                  -Thru-hull fittings (Water intake, ballast intake, tracking fins, strut, etc.)
                  -Engine cooling hoses
                  -Riders coming in and out
                  Common Sense is not so Common
                  Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Thanks Zad!

We took the boat to the lake yesterday to look for the possible leak. The prop shaft is good and I can't find any leaks. We were not out as long as it was pretty cold, and we did not appear to take on an unusual amount of water (took on some at launch b/c of the angle of the boat ramp right now -- way steep due to lack of water). I put some PVC pipe under my port side exhaust to keep it more in line with the back of the boat. A couple of years ago I found this was the source of a leak. Tige cut the insulated exhaust pipe short on this side and tried to make it work (I gues quality control slipped a little in 2000). So I am not sure if that was my source again, or if it was just a fluke. Maybe the boat already had some water in it that did not drain out when I jacked the boat up prior to hitching it up. I will continue to watch it and keep my ballast pump handy in case I need to bail water fast....
                    Last edited by rpaxton; 04-06-2009, 09:18 PM. Reason: Wrong message

Comment

How to how do

Comment

diameter for packing on 1999 2100-v

what diameter would I need for '99 2100-V Limited 315 HP?
                        Thanks

Comment

I headed out to the boat and located the pin and proceeded to pull it out.

--------------------------
                          We Creat New Fashion for DVDs, Running for Your Desired CSI Lasvegas Season 13 DVD

Comment

Working...
                          X