No announcement yet.

Chart plotter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That I dont know, I think their installer puts a lock on it but I could be wrong...
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

[QUOTE=hcooperrn;776642]This site mentions 3 different versions for the Murphy HelmView, any idea what we have? I chose the HV700 for my 15 Z3, plugged it in and it worked.

Looking at the Navionics website, I'm not easily finding the World version, just a regional or 'Large' version for North America, confusing.

I'm guessing the 2g vs 16g is the size of the card they use. If you buy a regional card, it looks like you can add additional regions later, so you would need more space (may be less efficient to load individual regions vs a single large map?) Just guessing honestly.

Also

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
        I just got a navionics card and slid it in, hopefully it works. Murphy wasnt listed so it went to a default safe plotter. I didnt see anything when I turned TT on after installation just a white screen. Hopefully its because I need to be close to or on a lake for it to register...
        When you activate the 2 gig card, there will be an option for Murphy. (Murphy option not available during set up on the larger card but is on the 2 gig) I chose Murphy, Helm View, and version HV700 and it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by JCP View Post
          When you activate the 2 gig card, there will be an option for Murphy. (Murphy option not available during set up on the larger card but is on the 2 gig) I chose Murphy, Helm View, and version HV700 and it worked.
          I took a chance on the 16, it didnt work. the 2 works fine in about 20 different modes. Its the card size that is the issue. The murphy just wont even look at anything bigger then 2g regardless of whether there is that amount of info on the card or not
          Germaine Marine

Comment

Just ordered my card after a long discussion with navionics and trying to see if there is a loadable program that will allow for the larger cards to be read on the Murphy system. As I suspected they have no control over that, but was worth the try.
            My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

I tried to tell ya..... I went through all the heartache....
              Germaine Marine

Comment

Can someone point me to the slot to put a card into on a 2016 Z3? Headed to Powell in a few weeks and this map looks pretty good. Thanks.

Comment

There's a little door on the back of the screen. Can't remember, but I seem to think it's 2 small Allen's or Torx to remove the door.

Comment

Navionics

Originally posted by BLucas86 View Post
                    Not sure if this answers your question or not, but FW Murphy is who designed the software from 2015- current. Love my Navionics on my Tige Clear...

Good Luck!
                    Which version of the Navionics did you use on the Clear system? Navionics+ or HotMaps Platinum? I have a 2018 RZX3 and read that the Clear system cannot ready a 16GB chip but could ready the 2GB chip.

Comment

From what I understand only the Navionics card sold from Econtrols through a dealership/Tige are the only unit that will work. If someone finds out something different, please let me know!
                      Oh Yeah!

Comment

KoolAid I bought the 2 gig card Navionics+ World (part#: MSD/NAV+W) online. In attempting to load it into 2018 z3 plotter through the front and under dash usb have not been able to get it to load. Freeheal thought there might be a door on the back to install the card. There isn’t a door on the back of the Clear to remove that I have found. Not sure if this supports your thought of only a card bought from TIGE/dealer will work.

Anyone have experience in installing the navionics map file?

Comment

I have a 2016 rzx with the tt2. I bought the 2 gig world navtronics card but it only gives me 2 helmveiw choices. not three like said above. The hv700 is not a option. I tried both of the other options but it doesn't work when I insert the card. Anyone have this problem?

Comment

Anyone ever figure this out? Trying to add maps to my 2019 tige r20

Comment

I know this is an old tread but it might help someone tying to get maps working on Tige Clear system 7" screen.
                              No Navionics SD Card maps will work in the Tige Clear system regardless of the SD card size. The screen (HV700) and OS is made by Murphy and most boat manufacturers have software locked out the SD card slot at the back, it cannot activate the maps option.
                              The only way to activate the maps option is to purchase the USB Drive the dealer sells and plug it in the USB port usually hanging behind the screen (different per boat manufacturer). Over the years the same USB Drive part number has more data on it but cannot be updated via the Navionics software on a computer so I assume as they create them, sometimes the have an updated version of the data and that's what they put on the drive.

I have the USB Dongle available for $385 plus PayPal fees.
                              Compatible with Tige Clear system
                              Last edited by bloup101; 04-09-2024, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X