Chart plotter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart plotter

What operating system is the maps on 2016 touch 2?
    I'm trying to activate a Navionics Lake maps SD card.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not sure if this answers your question or not, but FW Murphy is who designed the software from 2015- current. Love my Navionics on my Tige Clear...

Good Luck!
    -Brandon Lucas
    Houston, Tx

Comment

Thanks Blucas86,
      I'll be working on it later when I clean the boat.
      Gave up on the maps install and used my phone yesterday. It was a very successful day of dialing in the wave on our Z3. Not quite where I want it but very easy to ride with nice push as far as 10 to 12 feet back.

Comment

I just got a navionics card and slid it in, hopefully it works. Murphy wasnt listed so it went to a default safe plotter. I didnt see anything when I turned TT on after installation just a white screen. Hopefully its because I need to be close to or on a lake for it to register...
        Germaine Marine
        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
          I just got a navionics card and slid it in, hopefully it works. Murphy wasnt listed so it went to a default safe plotter. I didnt see anything when I turned TT on after installation just a white screen. Hopefully its because I need to be close to or on a lake for it to register...
          I called Navionics and they are letting me do an exchange. I bought a hot maps platinum 16 gig from a local boat shop. Our Murphy operating systems require the Navionics+Worlds 2 gig card.

Comment

Navionics+ World (part#: MSD/NAV+W, list price: $249.00

Comment

Does it have to be the world edition, or will a regional edition work?

Comment

Strange that it's labeled world and 2gig when the southern region I bought was 16 gig but the rep says Navionics+ World (part#: MSD/NAV+W, list price: $249.00 is the only one that works on Murphy( Tige)
                She said we should be able to get it below list at some dealers but Navionics has to sell it at list price to the public. I can't believe the boats don't come with it installed!

Comment

This site mentions 3 different versions for the Murphy HelmView, any idea what we have?

Looking at the Navionics website, I'm not easily finding the World version, just a regional or 'Large' version for North America, confusing.

I'm guessing the 2g vs 16g is the size of the card they use. If you buy a regional card, it looks like you can add additional regions later, so you would need more space (may be less efficient to load individual regions vs a single large map?) Just guessing honestly.

Also -- if we just plug in a card, do we need a dealer to activate anything in the screen to 'turn on' the option? Or is it already on, and just no data?

Comment

I was told by Monica at navionics that ours can't read 16 gig has to be 2 gig.

Comment

Navionics+ World (part#: MSD/NAV+W)

Comment

Got it, I guess from a tech standpoint that makes sense, I know other devices struggle with large SD card capacity, I'm catching up with you.

Did you try just using a blank 2gig MSD and transferring what you bought in the 16gig version?

Comment

No, but that might be an idea

Comment

It wont, these units jsut cant read from a card with a file size larger then 2g... I tried today with navionics on the phone. No cigar.
                            Germaine Marine
                            "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

If you plug the card into your laptop can you see the files? Are they really that big, or could they be transferred to a new card? As long as you don't make copies to sell, that should be legal, along the lines of just making a backup I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X