No announcement yet.

Winter Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drilled a 2 1/2" hole in the compartment for the hoses to run as well as the wires. I then carpeted the area. I will use it for storage of small items and did not want the bare fiberglass to get in the items nor my hands and fingers. The wires were routed over to the helm in the red sheath coming up through the hole where the throttle cable runs. This is the same location I ran the ballast wires and the front sack fill hose. I am waiting for the hottubes to come in. They were back ordered. When those and the switches come in the install and my winter upgrades will be complete. While I was in this area I also ran an extention for the MP3 hookup over to the helm. This will enable the use of one at either location. Next up will be the REV10s on the tower. I will be testing all this stuff out again this weekend and the boat gods being with me I will have no leaks, hot water and force air heat. And of course a ballast system with no leaks.
    Attached Files
    Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

wow! nice work. I am tempted to decommission my cooler too. If it was tall enough, my batteries would be going there. I believe a nice soft side cooler in the bow walk through is my best option for coolers out of the way but accessible.

Good luck on the water test.

Comment

Shawndoggy, did you chamfer that gel coat?

Comment

Originally posted by mls6722 View Post
          Shawndoggy, did you chamfer that gel coat?
          yep.

with a word as cool as "chamfer" you have to do it, right?

Comment

Originally posted by shawndoggy View Post
            yep.

with a word as cool as "chamfer" you have to do it, right?
            well, you could have beveled it

Comment

I place a cooler under the helm. It is out of the way and I still have leg room.

When I need a large cooler I put it up against the back seat and sideways sometimes. It makes a nice transition when stepping off the seat to the floor. It is also helpful when reaching the tower to attach the rope.
              Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Very nice work. You have been busy. Good luck on your water test.

Comment

Drilled some holes in the boat today to install a flush pro fresh water inlet through hull.
                  Did you just run a length of hose from the flush pro to that thru hull?
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wakeman22 View Post
                    Moving on to the heater install. I placed the heater unit under the icechest seat. I never use it and it seemed a better place the under the helm. First up was drilling more holes. Very big hoels.
                    Nice idea. I've been wanting to cut my cooler out forever. It's such a worthless hole (insert "your mom" joke here). This might be the ticket for me. Of course, I need to finish my other project first.

Comment

Nice work on the cooler conversion
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Drilled some holes in the boat today to install a flush pro fresh water inlet through hull.
                        Bump. Pics from the inside please?

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                          Bump. Pics from the inside please?
                          Gah. I was up at the boat yesterday and forgot to take pics. There's really not much to it in the boat... You just cut the raw water intake hose in half and slip the flush pro unit in between, sinching it up with hose clamps.

Comment

Gah. I was up at the boat yesterday and forgot to take pics. There's really not much to it in the boat... You just cut the raw water intake hose in half and slip the flush pro unit in between, sinching it up with hose clamps.
                            OK here ya go....

Comment

Thanks dude. How's the performance or have you used it yet?

Comment

I haven't used it with the through hull yet, but I put the main flushpro unit in as soon as I got the boat. Works like a CHAMP. Every drop of water from the hose goes into the engine. Especially if you ever go to pyramid, can't reccommend highly enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X