Winter Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking Good Wakeman Very nice work
    Good idea on routing the two fill pumps from different manifolds!
    "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Looking good. Good tip on getting the hose on the nipples.

Did you run the wires down on top of the gas tank along the steering cable? If so what made you decide that versus going up the side?

Comment

Where are you running the fill hose and the vent hose?

I was thinking about the fill hose following the gas line then coming around the side by the gunwale. The vent I was going to run up along the gunwale towards the back then tee into my drain. I realize that I am going to have to have some play so that the sac can fill and empty and the hose can move with it.

Comment

Nice looking work!

BTW, I'm a bit concerned about those hoses coming off the pumps. They look like they have a bit of droop in them after the pumps. In other words, the hoses leave the pumps, drop in altitude a bit, and then rise up toward their ultimate destination. That can be a prescription for airlocks. I know it seems like the pump ought to be able to blow trapped air in front of its water column, but.... Just be aware of it if you have problems.

Comment

Sippa, I ran the wires along the tank area rather than the side for the fill pumps and for the port drain pumps. There was a hole under the helm and it was shorter and easier to run them there. My front bow fill hoses also follows that same route.

My fill hoses run from the pump along the engine and around the back of the battery and Taps panel and up to the corners and the turn and come out along the gunwale.

WA I forgot that it would be best to keep the hose running uphill from the pumps. Thanks for noticing that. I will fix that.

My drain hoses are going to run forward to the thru hulls in the front storage areas.
            Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Thanks for the advise WA. When I looked at my hoses you are correct they did run down. I pulled them and re-routed them and now they run up hill the whole way till they turn down and enter the sack.

Today I was able to get off a little early from work and got the drain thru hulls installed. Pretty straight forward. Tape, measure twice, drill, champher and install fitting.
              Attached Files

Comment

The thickness of the fiberglass in this area.
                Attached Files

Comment

The finished drain/vent thru hulls. Both outside and from the inside.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks really good! That switch plate really came out great.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Your moving along, next up water test?

Looking good.

Comment

I put my drains and vents up front, too. You won't have any syphoning problems with them there, and they're easy to monitor from the driver's seat as you drain the sacs.

Looking great!

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                          I put my drains and vents up front, too. You won't have any syphoning problems with them there, and they're easy to monitor from the driver's seat as you drain the sacs.

Looking great!
                          Thanks WA. Your feedback and other threads have helped out a lot. After reading other threads I decided the drains and vents would be best placed up front.

skippa the water test has to wait till next weekend. Probably? It has started raining today and for the next 3 days so I had to put the boat back in storage. Besides my work load has hit fast and hard and I have 8 deadlines to meet by next thursday. Also I ran short on some hose and fittings. But super chpthril has it on the way. Hopefully I can get started again on Sunday and finish it up by the end of the week.

I bought the 4" hole saw today to install the hottubes for the heater. Man does it drill a huge hole. Pics coming soon.

Comment

Swiss Cheese.

Comment

Got some more work completed today. Got the power hooked up to the main circut panel and to the ground buss. Below are pictures of the back/inside of the circut box. And one of the front with the 30amp circut breaker installed. All the wiring under the helm was tucked up and completed and power to the pumps is complete and working.
                              Attached Files

Comment

After completing the wiring under the helm I continued on the hose work. The hoses were run along the engine and up and around to the bags.

Starboard side.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X