No announcement yet.

Removing carpet and installing EVA marine foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah this was a huge facelift! Makes it really feel modern now. This was about a week and a half of work in my free time every day after work/all day Saturday & Sunday. I’m really thankful you posted this bc otherwise I wouldn’t have done it. I spent about $300 total in materials.

The floor under was not smooth and took a lot of chiseling, and then lots of bondo epoxy to bring it up. Around my floor hatch there’s a raised metal border that I tried to “even out” with the bondo, that took a while and still isn’t perfect.

I think the captains chair is original but I don’t really know... I bought the boat about 6 months ago used and this is my first boat.
    Attached Files

Comment

Majr808 how did you handle the discoloration and screw holes around the edges where the carpet used to raise up? Our carpet goes up the sidewalls as well and it's been the main thing keeping me from changing out the flooring.

Comment

Originally posted by dimolaam View Post
        Majr808 how did you handle the discoloration and screw holes around the edges where the carpet used to raise up? Our carpet goes up the sidewalls as well and it's been the main thing keeping me from changing out the flooring.

Im about to tackle this same project but through a vendor in china that will make it on cad with the templates you send (similar to how sea dek does it). I was thinking of just getting a 2 inch strip of the flooring material done to cover that area all around and just cover the screw holes with the material.

Comment

Originally posted by dimolaam View Post
          Looks like a new boat. How long did this take you @Mejr808?
          On another note, is your captain's chair original? It's much nicer than the one on my '05 22V.
          Visionair seat. Was an option starting in 2007.
          Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Majr808 View Post
            Stonewall, you inspired me. I did a very similar job on my 2005 22v. My flooring under the carpet was a little different but I got it resurfaced with bondo epoxy.
            What sort of epoxy bondo?
            Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Working...
            X