Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winterizing (Where to get the pink stuff)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jchurch6713 View Post
    1) Is it necessary to remove the knock sensor in order to drain the block or does the blue plug on the opposite side drain the entire block?

There should be a blue drain plug on the same "T" fitting as the knock sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
      There should be a blue drain plug on the same "T" fitting as the knock sensor.
      There is no blue drain plug on that side of the engine block.

Comment

Pretty sure it is. Conneted to the "T" the knock sensor is on.

Comment

if it is there then I am looking in the wrong spot. On one side of the block there is a blue plug and on the opposite in the same position there is a knock sensor in the same threaded hole (no T)

Comment

Lee,

I stand corrected and can admit when I am wrong. Why didn't you tell me it was well hidden? It was however exactly where you said it was. Thanks for your persistence.

Comment

Originally posted by jchurch6713 View Post
              Lee,

I stand corrected and can admit when I am wrong. Why didn't you tell me it was well hidden? It was however exactly where you said it was. Thanks for your persistence.
              Wait till you try and put it back in. That is the hardest one to get in w/ all the hoses and wires around it. I made the mistake of not getting it tight and we went out one warm winter day. I keep hearing a noise and looked under the cover, I had a heck of a time getting it tight w/out burning my hand. I will not make that mistake again.
              Dale
              2000 21i Tige

Comment

Just a good guess on my part.

Comment

Working...
                X