Impeller went bad!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impeller went bad!!

I have a 1998 2200I WT with a MERC 350 I am looking for a impeller that will last. Don't they make one that will not ruin when you use the fake a lake? It take a little time to get the water up there.Anyone have any suggestions?

Want to say there's a company called Globe that has a "run dry" impeller.

Here's the thread.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

will using the fake-a-lake hurt the impeller?

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Chobot View Post
        I have a 1998 2200I WT with a MERC 350 I am looking for a impeller that will last. Don't they make one that will not ruin when you use the fake a lake? It take a little time to get the water up there.Anyone have any suggestions?
        May be time for a new impeller housing, should take a close look at it for grooves, scoring, and discolor.

Originally posted by fleetpaint View Post
        will using the fake-a-lake hurt the impeller?
        Not if you get good volume and pressure to it, it should work just fine. May want to pull the hoses from the trans cooler and back-flush, a slight restriction here may be just enough to starve the impeller when on the fake-a-lake.

Another simple trick is to undo the raw water intake hose and just shove the garden hose in and turn it on and forget the fake-a-lake. Works great if it's not to hard to get to the hose.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

thats a great idea chp. Never thought of that .
          Originally posted by G-MONEY
          It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            May be time for a new impeller housing, should take a close look at it for grooves, scoring, and discolor.

Another simple trick is to undo the raw water intake hose and just shove the garden hose in and turn it on and forget the fake-a-lake. Works great if it's not to hard to get to the hose.
            You amaze me w/ your knowledge...That is an awesome idea. That would be so easy to rig up too.
            Dale
            2000 21i Tige

Comment

Just keep the hose in the bilge and the hose as high as you can get it.
              Common Sense is not so Common
              Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Install a perko flush pro, it has a fitting for a garden hose, and also has a built in check valve so that the system doesn't have to prime, essentially keeps the whole system pressurized and your impeller will not have to run dry. There is a little key that you can put in to open the check valve if you need to for some reason. I am a big fan of them.

Comment

Working...
                X