No announcement yet.

Insurance $

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got aquapac insurance through westmar http://www.westmarinsurance.com/boat_yacht/products.asp. They were price competitive, I like that they specialize in marine insurance, and they would do agreed value, include towing and salvage, and will somehow bring me a can of gas if I run out. A claim also won't bullocks up my other insurance either.

Two things, check with your umbrella carrier to make sure your boat policy liability limits and the company will integrate with your personal umbrella policy, and second, there is no point in a $500 deductible. A claim will cost you more than that in increased rates, and the policy cost to have that low of a deductible is very high. I consider insurance only to cover catastrophic losses. Self-insure otherwise through the deductible. Insurance agents and companies love the profits on low deductibles.

Comment

Just got of the phone with Westmarine....They wanted $582 for 300k liability, 50k on boat, 4.5k on trailer, 5k medical, 1.5k on equipment.

Comment

I thought AAA had some restrictions on using your boat on Colorado River Lakes?

And they also have some kind of lay-up winter plan?
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
        X