LED's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update with some pics.
    The first pic is showing the tweeters speaker wire to cut in order to get the grills off. I did oodles of soldering for theses darn things.

The second pictuer shows how I laid them in there. That one's my rough draft not glued in, the final ones look much better and I epoxied 3mm LEDs into the crack so you can't really see them except at extreme angles. They shine down on the woofer.

The 3rd picture is near completion. I had to tweak the wire channels so they sat flush against the speaker bottom or they pinched against the fiberglass in the speaker holes. Thank you Mr. Dremel for your brilliant little machine

The 4th picture is the layout of the 60 LEDs epoxied in a white acrylic sheet. I put the copper tape used in stained glass down and bent the lights anode/cathode to touch the appropriate strip, soldered in a 1/4 watt resistor and dunked this in casting resin with a power lead sticking out. More pics of that one in the next post.
    Attached Files
    Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

more

1st pic is of the casting out of the mold. I polished it to a nice shiny finish with a bench buffer after these pics. I made 2 of these, each to go under the swim platform. I will have 120 LEDs shining into the water. Each one is CRAZY bright by itself--I can't wait to see the 2 together. It's gonna look like a green sun is under my platform

2nd pic just another angle. Behind it is the 2nd one still in the mold I used.

3rd pic is just showing how I mounted it and ran the cable

4th & 5th pics are pretty self explanatory

I have all the inboat speakers done now. I still need to install the swim platform LEDs and wire them, all the storage compartment string LEDs, and finish installing the lights in the cooler to make my icy beverages glow green. Then I have to build a sub-box and install that, finsh the install of 2 additional batteries in the port forward locker under the stereo, install 2 amps, run all new speaker wire, get some tower speakers and load them with the LEDs and then wire them into the system. I also need to finish the switch box to turn on the LEDs (making out of fiberglass and matching gel coat) and wire all that up.....I have a pretty long to-do list still.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks nice.
        "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
        "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

Sweet! Nice Job Jason...

Hey I'm going to be in town in September for a week... The tickets are booked... Let me know if you're gonna be around...
          http://www.linkedin.com/in/zachgarcia
          http://www.facebook.com/people/Zach-Garcia/1327360382

Comment

Originally posted by Lunchbox View Post
            Sweet! Nice Job Jason...

Hey I'm going to be in town in September for a week... The tickets are booked... Let me know if you're gonna be around...
            I'll be here I'm sure. Coming in for work? I'll take ya to the "world famous" Blarney's Island for some swamp water drinks

Comment

has anybody come up with a l E D to replace the tweeters now that they have installed wetsounds? got any pics or links? thanx

Comment

Originally posted by Jason B View Post
                I'll be here I'm sure. Coming in for work? I'll take ya to the "world famous" Blarney's Island for some swamp water drinks
                Actually coming for a friends wedding and to see family... I'll be working a little bit from the in-laws house but not all week, that's for sure.

But I'll take you up on that tour...
                http://www.linkedin.com/in/zachgarcia
                http://www.facebook.com/people/Zach-Garcia/1327360382

Comment

Looks killer, JasonB
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

i like the neon so much go on e bay and got 20 blue lights for 2.99 6.00 shipping cant wait to see them

Comment

another update:

1. self explanatory
                      2. looking under the platform
                      3. the dash switches to control the different lights speakers/storage bays & cooler/swim platform
                      4. the fuse panel from blue sea routing power to the leds
                      Attached Files

Comment

more:

1. position of the 2 new batteries. the floor is very unlevel so I cast a piece to fit the countour with plaster of paris and I'm in the process of using that mold to make a fiberglass base so the batteries can sit flat.
                        2. the isolator running from the engine battery
                        3. unlit view of the cast block of leds under the platform--they're BRIGHT!!!!
                        4. the wiring roughed in--not yet beautified. I drilled 2 holes through the transom and placed st. steel bolts through--1 pos and one neg obviously. I then fused both +/- on the inside of the transom and ran power to the dash switch. If I want to remove the platform I just disconnet the leds and presto!
                        Attached Files

Comment

WOW that is bright. Nice
                          So that quick disconnect under the platform is water proof?
                          Work Hard, Play Harder

Comment

Originally posted by buffman View Post
                            WOW that is bright. Nice
                            So that quick disconnect under the platform is water proof?
                            I don't know We'll find out real fast when the boat finally gets wet

I used to break in my rc car motors by running them wot in water-never had any trouble with arcing or electric/water combo, so I'm fairly confident it won't matter. There are other prople who have used bolts through the transom to provide power and it worked fine with no shorts. I may end up having to move the +/- connections further apart. I'll just have to wait and see what happens when she hits the drink.

Comment

I would not worry about the 12vdc being waterproof but I do see the 1/8" quick connects corroding in water. Amp and other connector manufacturers make 2 pos waterproof connectors.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Lab_trainer View Post
                                I would not worry about the 12vdc being waterproof but I do see the 1/8" quick connects corroding in water. Amp and other connector manufacturers make 2 pos waterproof connectors.
                                Yeah, I thought I could replace them easy enough when that happened. I'll look into Amp, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X