No announcement yet.

LED's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet Jason! I can't wait to see the pix!
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/zachgarcia
    http://www.facebook.com/people/Zach-Garcia/1327360382

Comment

Do this Jason.

Comment

How "close encounters" is that
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I put these in last winter as mine had no interior lighting, besides it pissed off my brother-in-law! For a whole $20 it was worth it!
          Attached Files
          "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Comment

Originally posted by Razzman View Post
            I put these in last winter as mine had no interior lighting, besides it pissed off my brother-in-law! For a whole $20 it was worth it!
            To piss off your brother-in-law only cost you $20???? That was a bargain.

That looks really nice.... hum....

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
              Do this Jason.
              I'm afraid my wifes top would end up being twirled over her head while guys hollered and whooped--I'l probably forego the strobes
              Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

This is how I mounted the lights. Right now they are just taped in there so I can figure out my routing and other stuff. I want WS opinion wether those being like that will affect the speaker performance--hopefully not, acrylic is expensive and I'd like to do this as cheap as possible. Acrylic also adds much more work to the whole process and places the speaker 1/2" further into the boat where my silly kids can kick/hit it that much easier.
                Attached Files

Comment

heres how they looked with only 3 5mm lights. I'll probably order 3mm lights so they fit a little better into the channel behind the grill. That should make the glow a little more diffuse and the actual light bulbs a little more inconspicuous.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jason B View Post
                    I'm afraid my wifes top would end up being twirled over her head while guys hollered and whooped--I'l probably forego the strobes
                    Been there

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                      To piss off your brother-in-law only cost you $20???? That was a bargain.

That looks really nice.... hum....
                      Yeah it's funny, he's always calling and says "what did you buy today?" or "ok what did you do to the boat?" and of course i say "nuthin'" and then the next outing he see's it and says "F_ _ _er!, when'd you do that?" We both have older dd boats and do this stuff for fun. I'm sneaking platform leds on him soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Razzman View Post
                        Why would it piss off your BIL? Is he anti-light? It looks really good.
                        My boat sits at a bar in the middle of the lake (on pylons/stilts) at least one night a week while we enjoy some tasty beverages and it's kinda a sausage contest out there ya know--I'm doing this 'cause nobody has it and it's gonna look sweet. It'll definitely set my boat apart.I'll have the best sausage for a couple weeks till someone trumps me

Comment

^^^^^^^^oops, you posted too fast, got the answer

Comment

Originally posted by Jason B View Post
                            Why would it piss off your BIL? Is he anti-light? It looks really good.
                            My boat sits at a bar in the middle of the lake (on pylons/stilts) at least one night a week while we enjoy some tasty beverages and it's kinda a sausage contest out there ya know--I'm doing this 'cause nobody has it and it's gonna look sweet. It'll definitely set my boat apart.I'll have the best sausage for a couple weeks till someone trumps me
                            That's pretty much the same with us, kinda a friendly "i got it and you don't" competition!

Comment

Jason,
                              You can purchase diffused lens LEDs if you want to have better light spread and fewer hotspots while still forgoing the acrylic rings. They cost a few pennies more. I order nearly all my LEDs in bulk tape or baggies from mouser.

Here is a link to green diffused offerings.
                              http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine....user_Wildcards

If you look at the specsheets, you can usually find the radiation dispertion to get an idea of how the light patterns go. For your app, I would go with flat rectangles or a non spherical shape to better spread the light. My .02.
                              Last edited by spharis; 03-12-2008, 02:48 PM.
                              http://www.wakeboatworld.com
                              []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

spharis is correct

The LED with the wires have built in resistor after looking at the specs. These would be much cleaner to work with than the individual LED's that you have to manually add a resistor too. IMHO Using the ones with the built in resistor should be Wired in parallel which is a much cleaner wiring job.

Comment

Working...
                                X