This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3mk View Post
    do you think the guys at the shop tow the boat down to the lake to work on it.
    Fine. What do I know, Im only 16 right?
    Common Sense is not so Common
    Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Originally posted by 3mk View Post
      do you think the guys at the shop tow the boat down to the lake to work on it.
      Actually, he's right. My shop has a tank they back the boats into for exactly that purpose. Whatever you do, don't ever put your boat in gear while it's not in the water.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
        You really should NOT be putting the boat in gear while out of the water. They water lubricates the bearings inside the strut.
        That is why I told him to use some WD40.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
          That is why I told him to use some WD40.
          Good to know!
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

BAM marine and doug russel also works good
            HUMAN BUILT = HUMAN FIXED
            switchbait.com

Comment

thanks dogbert. I was just about to post a thread on where the heck to find mercruiser parts in dallas. all the sites on google suck! and nothing comes up for local parts dealers. its very frustrating.
              Son, life is mostly scars and souvenirs.

Comment

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Comment

thats awesome!.... The impeller under the sea water body assembly is the impeller we want to change each spring right??? Do you need any other parts to go along with it?

Comment

Originally posted by petrey10 View Post
                    thats awesome!.... The impeller under the sea water body assembly is the impeller we want to change each spring right??? Do you need any other parts to go along with it?
                    They usually come in one of two packages. One is just the impeller itself, the other is a kit which includes the impeller, housing, wear plate and o-ring. I'll usually do the kit every other year and just keep a spare impeller in the boat.
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

that website was perfect! helped me easily find the starter and fuel filter i needed.
                      BUT
                      it did not help me with finding the correct oil filter....can anyone help?
                      i have a 98 tige pre 2002 wt with the mercury ski comp 5.7 v8 SN# 0L006922

Comment

Originally posted by Zac93218 View Post
                        that website was perfect! helped me easily find the starter and fuel filter i needed.
                        BUT
                        it did not help me with finding the correct oil filter....can anyone help?
                        i have a 98 tige pre 2002 wt with the mercury ski comp 5.7 v8 SN# 0L006922
                        Merc# 866340K01

Comment

thanks lee!

Comment

Did a tune up this spring and thought I would share some NAPA part numbers in case someone else needs them. The cap/rotor/coil/wires are marked as Marine and typically have the Mercruiser number in the description or details.

Coil 18-5438
                            Wires 18-8804-01
                            Rotor 18-5431
                            Cap 18-5395
                            Plugs (from my shop manual): Champion: RS12YC, NGK: BPR6EFS, Or AC-MR43LTS

Belt 25060878

Comment

Those look like Sierra part numbers.

Comment

They very well may be sierra numbers. I think they had NAPA packaging. Maybe Sierra is their supplier.
                                I posted the # just in case someone wanted to get these parts locally.

Comment

Working...
                                X