This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mercruiser Part Info

I found the Performance Product Technologies"]Performance Product Technologies[/URL] site to be super helpful when trying to figure out what parts were where on my Mercruiser 350 Tournament Ski after my alternator went bad on me. I found wiring diagrams and everything.

Hope this helps.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

The link is not working correctly.

Comment

Hmmm, not sure what happened there, but it was working.

Performance Product Technologies
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Lee-
        I tried this morning and I was able to pull up my engine.

Sam
        15 Escalade ESV-Black
        08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Yes, the second link is working not the first link.

Comment

I'm not sure what happened on the first link...it seems to have gotten garbled after I posted it. I'll see if Matt can fix it up.

Comment

Cool! The second link worked fine. Thanks.
              Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

great link dogbert. still looking for starter relay on 02 5.7 mpi.is it like the car on the starter?

Comment

Originally posted by 3mk View Post
                  great link dogbert. still looking for starter relay on 02 5.7 mpi.is it like the car on the starter?
                  No. Starters and alternators are specially made for marine applications.

Comment

Originally posted by 3mk View Post
                    ...still looking for starter relay on 02 5.7 mpi....
                    Are you looking for a "starter relay" than controls the high current power from the battery to the starter or a "starter solenoid" which is the little can mounted on the side of a starter that pushes out the drive pinion on the starter driveshaft. A starter relay, commonly used on older Fords, is used to connect high current to a starter when triggered by a remote switch. A starter solenoid combines the function of a relay with the pinion driver mechanism. I don't think either of these parts are "marine", except that better quality materials may be used in their construction. A starter motor designated for "marine" use should not be replaced with a regular car version. The "marine" starters (and alternators) have screens or shields (spark arrestors) over any openings to prevent sparks from escaping into the bilge area.

http://www.bluewatermarinesvc.com/html/gm_starter.html

Comment

my first inboard

thanks for the info. the relay I was looking for is on the intake manifold right beside a red 15? amp breaker.this is my first inboard. hooked up water today and started it Idled nice.put in gear at idle speed prop turned but heard a bad noise and I turned it off.the boat has been sitting since last summer. fluid looks and smells good. any ideas of what the bad noise could be?

Comment

Might have been a dry strut bushing. Put some WD40 on it next time.

Comment

great idea I like to try the simple things first

Comment

You really should NOT be putting the boat in gear while out of the water. They water lubricates the bearings inside the strut.
                            Common Sense is not so Common
                            Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

do you think the guys at the shop tow the boat down to the lake to work on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X