Motor goes to Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
    Capital is where I bought my boat also, but they are like 4 hrs from lake shasta. There are no Tige dealers in the Redding/Shasta Lake area, or I would have bought my tige there.

Thanks for confirming it.
    I don't think I will have any need for dealer, but I always like to know what options I have.

Comment

Originally posted by zany View Post
      Here is the update on my boat.

Remember, I only have a basic knowledge of electrical stuff, so I might have got some of this wrong.

Originally the fly-by-wire system is powered and grounded thru connections under the dash.
      If there are any voltage changes or grounding issues within the system the fly-by-wire goes into safe mode.

Since they cannot find what is creating the voltage change or grounding issues, the fix is to rewired the fly-by-wire system to be powered and grounded by the engine directly.

This will prevent any outside systems from creating the voltage drop. The fly-by-wire system is very sensitive to even the smallest voltage changes that don’t affect other systems.

This was the recommended fix from the factory.

Props to the service guys at Corona Watersports, they have been very helpful and responsive to my problem. They took my boat in the day I called, and have kept me informed of the progress.

I keeping my fingers crossed that this is fix for my problem, because I leave next for a week on a houseboat at Shasta.

Just in case, is there a Tige Dealer in the area?
      I had the same problem with my PerfectPass when they powered it from the dash. My dealer fixed it by giving it its own power and then everything worked great. I first noticed it as my alternator started dying. The way they daisychain the power/ground on the dash seems to cause problems.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

All under dash power comes from the house battery , all engine management comes from the engine battery , with the 2006 boats the tach module runs off of the dash power ,the ecm module runs off the engine battery , if you have more than a .2 volt differance from battery to battery the ecm goes into a limp mode for safety , this problem was changed in 2007 with the new ecm system .

Comment

Working...
        X