Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor goes to Idle

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Your driving the boat and the alarm goes off and the motor goes to idle, the only way to fix it, is to turn off the motor and restart.

I have had it into dealer twice now and they keep claiming they found the problem, a loose ground wire in the system and the problem should be fixed.

Last weekend I was a Havasu and it did it at least 10 more times over a five day period.

It happens in all different activities, slow, fast, (speedset on and off).

I have to get this fixed, it did three times in a row to my wife sking , after the third time she got in the boat and would ski any more.

Please Help.

Originally posted by zany View Post
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    Your driving the boat and the alarm goes off and the motor goes to idle, the only way to fix it, is to turn off the motor and restart.

I have had it into dealer twice now and they keep claiming they found the problem, a loose ground wire in the system and the problem should be fixed.

Last weekend I was a Havasu and it did it at least 10 more times over a five day period.

It happens in all different activities, slow, fast, (speedset on and off).

I have to get this fixed, it did three times in a row to my wife sking , after the third time she got in the boat and would ski any more.

Please Help.
    Oh yeah, been there, done that. FIC helped me on mine.

Have your dealer change all the wingnuts out on you batteries to lock nuts. Next, tighten all the grounds at the ground buss at the transom, behind the TAPS pump, and under the drivers console. Give both batteries a good charge.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Oh yeah, been there, done that. FIC helped me on mine.

Have your dealer change all the wingnuts out on you batteries to lock nuts. Next, tighten all the grounds at the ground buss at the transom, behind the TAPS pump, and under the drivers console. Give both batteries a good charge.

How many times did you have to take it back to the dealer to find the problem?

I don't unnderstand how giving you batteries a good charge would effect this issue.

Comment

How many times did you have to take it back to the dealer to find the problem?

I don't unnderstand how giving you batteries a good charge would effect this issue.
        Sent you a PM

My selling dealer didn't have a clue about anything and was no longer a Tige dealer within 4 months after we bought. FIC explained what he had found and I took it to a real Tige dealer this winter and have had no probs since
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          Sent you a PM

My selling dealer didn't have a clue about anything and was no longer a Tige dealer within 4 months after we bought. FIC explained what he had found and I took it to a real Tige dealer this winter and have had no probs since
          Thanks for the PM, I also sent one to FIC as well.
          I will be taking my boat the Tige shop in Corona and with your info I hope they will be able to solve my problem for good.

Comment

Yeah, we've had similar.
            We think it has to do with the Speed Control.
            In the shop now, we'll get back with the results.
            Tige' in Corona is being real good about fixing it and all the other teething pains.
            So far a teriffic boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticky Dipstick View Post
              Yeah, we've had similar.
              We think it has to do with the Speed Control.
              In the shop now, we'll get back with the results.
              Tige' in Corona is being real good about fixing it and all the other teething pains.
              So far a teriffic boat.
              I don't think mine has anything to do with the Speed Set, because it has done it numerous times with that system off. I hope to get my boat into the shop soon, I will report back what they find.

Comment

They couldn't duplicate our problems, so I think maybe it's me.

Comment

Slippy, I'd make them go out with you on your boat and drive around for a while.
                  Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Update on repair

Here is the update on my boat.

Remember, I only have a basic knowledge of electrical stuff, so I might have got some of this wrong.

Originally the fly-by-wire system is powered and grounded thru connections under the dash.
                    If there are any voltage changes or grounding issues within the system the fly-by-wire goes into safe mode.

Since they cannot find what is creating the voltage change or grounding issues, the fix is to rewired the fly-by-wire system to be powered and grounded by the engine directly.

This will prevent any outside systems from creating the voltage drop. The fly-by-wire system is very sensitive to even the smallest voltage changes that don’t affect other systems.

This was the recommended fix from the factory.

Props to the service guys at Corona Watersports, they have been very helpful and responsive to my problem. They took my boat in the day I called, and have kept me informed of the progress.

I keeping my fingers crossed that this is fix for my problem, because I leave next for a week on a houseboat at Shasta.

Just in case, is there a Tige Dealer in the area?

Comment

Sound like you are on the right track now so keep us posted on how she runs after the wire mod

Comment

Just in case, is there a Tige Dealer in the area?
                        Capital Water Sports in Rancho Cordova, CA right outside of Sacramento is close but others might know of another further north....

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                          Capital Water Sports in Rancho Cordova, CA right outside of Sacramento is close but others might know of another further north....
                          If he is irvine, he needs a dealer south.
                          http://wake9.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
                            If he is irvine, he needs a dealer south.
                            I was looking for a dealer up by Lake Shasta if I still have problems

Comment

Capital is where I bought my boat also, but they are like 4 hrs from lake shasta. There are no Tige dealers in the Redding/Shasta Lake area, or I would have bought my tige there.
                              http://wake9.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X