• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spharis

The faria fuel flow I will be adding.

bought it here.
    http://www.boatersland.com/far-ffm002.html

delivered today
    http://wwwapps.ups.com/ietracking/tr...710A0307006370
    can you use this flow meter in a EFI motor? or carb only?
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

The description indicated that it would work with any motor that did not have a fuel backflow system. You see this predominantly on diesels, but apparently also on gasoline engines. It would be helpful to get clarification from those on this board who could answer that for Tige powerplants.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Only restriction I see is 34GPH.....I hope you get better burn rate than that.
        http://www.wakeboatworld.com
        []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

I would love to get a flow meter since the gauge is just crap. I mean it was showing empty, then when we fill it up, we only put 20 gallons in. Oh well, guess I'll just keep on using it till we get clarification
          Originally posted by G-MONEY
          It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

There were a few posts on fuel flow meters last year. I paid $130 for one and $30 for a fuel filter to install in front of the transducer. After the first tank of gas, I made one adjustment in calibration. Now if it says that I've used 20.5 gallons, I've used 20. It really provides peace of mind.

They are easy to install too. On my MP engine I put the new filter in the gas line from the tank to the fuel pump. It is easy to access if I remove the divider on the port side of the motor. Then I put the transducer on the vertical, as the gas line rises to the factory pump/filter.

I didn't have any room on my dash for the gage, so I mounted it in a polished alum. bezel that I hung below the dash, in the lower right corner of the dash. It almost looks factory. It is the best thing that I've added to my boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Paublo
              There were a few posts on fuel flow meters last year. I paid $130 for one and $30 for a fuel filter to install in front of the transducer. After the first tank of gas, I made one adjustment in calibration. Now if it says that I've used 20.5 gallons, I've used 20. It really provides peace of mind.

They are easy to install too. On my MP engine I put the new filter in the gas line from the tank to the fuel pump. It is easy to access if I remove the divider on the port side of the motor. Then I put the transducer on the vertical, as the gas line rises to the factory pump/filter.

I didn't have any room on my dash for the gage, so I mounted it in a polished alum. bezel that I hung below the dash, in the lower right corner of the dash. It almost looks factory. It is the best thing that I've added to my boat.
              Got pics?
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I'll take some pics this weekend and post them.

Comment

I took some pictures- I hope that these are helpful. This first one in the readout mounted on the bottom edge of the dash. I mounted it in a piece of sheet metal screwed to the dash and finished with a polished alum. bezel. It almost looks factory.
                  Attached Files

Comment

This is the fuel filter that had to be mounted before the meter. The gas line is routed exactly where this filter is- along the edge of the engine compartment. I just cut out a section and clamped them to the filter. You are looking at the top of the filter head.
                    Attached Files

Comment

This last picture is of the fuel meter. It is hard to see, but you are looking at the top of it. The grey hose comes off of the top of the meter and runs into the factory MP fuel filter/pump. The meter is located just behind the motor mount. It should be installed in the vertical. I used some zip ties to help hold it in place.

I didn't ever want to have any of this ever be the cause of stranding me on the lake, so I took an 18" section of gas hose and clamped a barbed connection on each end. I keep this on the boat so that if the extra filter should plug or the meter to restrict flow, I can bypass the whole thing with my extra piece of hose. The whole installation took 1-1/2 hours.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Very similar install on our boat. Works great! I replaced the clock with the FUEL FLOW gauge. Made sense to put it next to the FUEL gauge. I added a second fuel/water seperator between the tank and the sensor. The Mercruiser fuel/water seperator hanging on the right front of the engine is a pain to get to.

Comment

Working...
                        X