Anyone ever seen this before???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever seen this before???

Check this out, this is my gas guage. What would cause this to seperate like this. This also happened to my hour meter, which is in a spot that could get knocked. But the fuel guage is way out of the way. Where can I get a replacement one just like this, I see overtons has aftermarket one for $22.00. Has anyone else had this problem????
    Attached Files

I had the exact same problem with the hour meter and now my gas gauge is doing the same thing. I glued the hour meter back together and will do the same to the gas gauge. Where did you see them for $22.00?

Comment

On Overtons site here is the link. http://www.overton.com/cgi-bin/overt...arge.cgi?34801

Comment

What year is your boat??? Seems fishy that we both had the same guages have the same problems. I wonder if Tige would do anything for us???

Comment

The vendor was VDO and they only covered the gauges for two years. Tige stoped using the gauges in 1999.

Comment

Was this a common problem?

Comment

I have a 1998 Pre2200V. Thanks for the link to the guage.

Comment

I just got a post form another site and they claim that VDO had a manufacturing problem. Here's the link: http://eclipse.nicholls.edu/cgi-bin/...nfig.pl?frames

Comment

vdo guage broken

My 1998 Tige 22i has the exact same problem. where the guage face seperated from the guage body.. took the shrink wrap off just this week.. the boat didnt have this problem last year when I put it away.

looks like the plastic body degrades over time..

anyone else have this problem...

Comment

I ended up buying all new guages from Tige. I dont remember the parts guy name, but I had first talked to Andrew and he put me in touch with him. I think it was around $200 and I replaced all the guages.

Comment

vdo guages face breaks away from body

what did you replace your guages with? Did you use the VDO's again?

My temp, oil pressure, fuel, and voltmeter all had the face break away from the body of the gauge

I believe the part numbers are 310 239, 350 240, 310 216 and 332 241.. they are White Faced gauges with a plastic body. I am not sure if they are the Cockpit White 2 1/6" or the Pro Cockpit White 2 5/8" .

Comment

I bought the guages right from Tige I believe the are Faria guages. It took alittle bit to figure out how to make them work, the VDO guages have diffrent connections, but in the end it wazs well worth it. Call Tige and ask for Andrew, he will point you in the right direction.

Comment

Also I replaced every guage, I figured if one was bad now, they all would need replacing some day.

Comment

andrew, tom austin, or bob means can help you

Comment

I know old thread, but it was brought up in a thread recently......just wanted to add that on my 97 all the gauges are Faria, and no cracking yet. Just some sun bleached spots on the needles, and of course the fuel gauge dances......sending unit issue probably.
                              http://www.wakeboatworld.com
                              []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Working...
                              X