No announcement yet.

2017 rzx2 steering tight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have the dealer swap out the rudder. They can call me and we can test a few things to validate its the rudder. Should be single hand smooth at almost all times.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

The rudder has a zert fitting and I greased it. Very slight difference in the tightness, but still very tight.
      I’m assuming it is probably the steering cable? The boats a 2017 with only 100 hours. Is this normal?

Comment

Sorry for this, I hate to be THAT guy but I believe the name is Zerk fitting.
        Zert makes my head lean sideways.
        Again, I appologize.

Comment

What happens when you disconnect the cable at the rudder and turn the wheel? Does it feel the same? If so you have a cable or wheel issue. If it’s much easier you have a rudder issue. Should be a real easy test.

Comment

I was having the same issue when I was at the 100 hour mark and I ended up replacing the steering cable and can know steer my boat with 2 fingers again.

Comment

My $.02 says replace the steering cable. My 05 was a two hand turn at first. Thought it was supposed to be that way as I had never driven a wakeboat before. Drove a friends Malibu and thought he had power steering . Came to the forums and found out about the steering cable. So much easier now. Have you watched the rudder while someone else turned the wheel?

Comment

What is the Small stainless steel cable that is attached to the rudder linkage?

Comment

Sometimes a bad tilt mechanism can make the steering hard.

Comment

Working...
                  X