Battery Selection/Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Selection/Replacement

I have a 2015 Tige Z1, and here in MN we have to do a couple extra steps for winterization. Unfortunately this year the batteries didn't make it through the cold winter as I disconnected, but didn't remove them....won't make that mistake again. The factory setup is two batteries in parallel, one is a deep cycle and the second is a cranking/starting battery. I know they have the dual purpose batteries now, has anyone tried these instead? I would run two dual purpose batteries in parallel.

The factory setup on a 2015 should be a blue sea Dual Circuit Plus OFF/ON/COMBINE and an isolator. Batteries should not be wired in parallel as one is dedicated to cranking/running boat, other is dedicated to house loads.

If you boat does indeed have the 2 batteries wire in parallel, then they do need to be identical in size, type and age. 2 dual purpose would be good.

So if it is the above described OEM setup, I would stick with a cranking and deep cycle.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thank you for the info!!

Comment

Working...
      X