alpha z tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alpha z tower

I have a 2009 22ve, alpha z tower. ....on the tower mounting base, there is a big flathead screw near the hinge point, which can be turned into/out of the tower. what does this screw do and how should it be set?

This screw spaces the tower out in between the base and acts as a hinge if I remember correctly. Don't mess with it, unless it starts walking itself out.
    -Brandon Lucas
    Houston, Tx

Comment

Mine is constantly falling out... I keep a big *** screwdriver in the boat just to keep it in place.

I was actually planning on putting some blue loctite on it the next time I'm out.

Comment

It's the hinge. Should never need "adjustment".

I'd be scared to remove it to add Loctite. There are some really powerful springs under there, and their force probably bears on that hinge point. You might not be able to line things up again to reinstall the screw. I suggest looking for a set screw of the proper diameter and installing THAT with Loctite over the top of the existing screw.

Comment

One of mine has backed itself nearly all the way out. The other side is all the way in. I can not turn it at all. Any suggestions on how to get back in?

Comment

Maybe release the tower so it can pivot, and have someone pivot/lift/move it around while you try to tighten it. I'm wondering if that screw/hinge is under a lot of load and things might get easier if someone else is bearing that load for a moment.

Comment

That is exactly what we tried last night. My daughter was holding the tower in a position where it would finally turn. Also learned that it is a left rotation to go in not right. Got it about halfway in and would go no further.

Comment

Working...
              X