No announcement yet.

20013 Z1 not acceleration while Ballasts full

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like the unloaded boat is able to reach a reasonable WOT RPM and MPH. With about 1500 in surf ballast and 3500' elevation, I think a prop upgrade is in order. If trailer clearance for a 14.5" prop is an issue, I would consider the 14" 1617.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Sounds like the unloaded boat is able to reach a reasonable WOT RPM and MPH. With about 1500 in surf ballast and 3500' elevation, I think a prop upgrade is in order. If trailer clearance for a 14.5" prop is an issue, I would consider the 14" 1617.
      We're going to give it a shot. Thanks for the help!

Comment

The 1433 helped me out. My 537 was okay most of the time but could have issues with a big load. Weeds can also be a problem in shallow water.

Sent from my Passport

Comment

The oem 537 worked ok on my 2014 for all around boating, that elevation must kill your HP, I got 44mph with that prop.
          1235 is great since I have both plenty of power and can cruise in the 30,s and top at 39.

That's a 14.25 pitch I think, the next pitch down (12")drops top speed to 34mph and mid 20,s for cruising, to slow for me but you now have a tug boat that should never feel loaded down.

Comment

I have a 1617 on the way, per chpthril's recommendation, along with some research. I'll swap out the props this week and see how it goes. Expecting big things, one way or the other.....high 5's all the way around or a bigger pit in my stomach! Thanks again to everyone with the feedback. Will post the results after this weekend. Assuming I can pull the damn prop off..lol.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsMT View Post
              I have a 1617 on the way, per chpthril's recommendation, along with some research. I'll swap out the props this week and see how it goes. Expecting big things, one way or the other.....high 5's all the way around or a bigger pit in my stomach! Thanks again to everyone with the feedback. Will post the results after this weekend. Assuming I can pull the damn prop off..lol.
              You will need a puller too.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

So, here are the results. Put the 1617 on this past week. Great results. Fixed the acceleration issues and enhanced the wave. This also increased my surf pocket by about 18-24"s. Which was huge. Able to finally build up enough acceleration to finally "pop" of face of the wake, @ 11mph. Top end speed suffered about 3mph, which I'll gladly give up for the increased pocket. The ballast upgrades I did last year are much more noticeable. The only issue I've noticed is that if I increase the speed from 11 thru 13, the wave is continuously washed out. Any ballast suggestions for cleaning this up? (I assume I can grow the pocket with increased speed, but that hasn't been the case).

Thank you for everyone who responded on this post!

Comment

Working...
                X