No announcement yet.

Boat just quits - no beep, no nothing, then starts just fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed a new key ignition switch. It started right up. I let it run (w/fake a lake) and after about 5 min it died. Same problem. Nothing when turn key. Rocker switches work and outlets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have you check the connection of the main wiring harness from the boat to the engine?

Comment

Exactly what lee said, at the back of the engine is the 14 pin circular engine harness connection. It connects the dash to the engine and is held in place with a hose clamp around the joint. I would suggest using white out or light permanent marker to mark the male and female sides (indexing them) and then pull the connection apart and examine the male and female terminals inside. If everything looks okay, Line the marks back up and push the two halves together and retighten the hose clamp. If there are terminal issues you may have to replace the wire harness. A trick we've used before is when you put the connection back together, after the terminals have located but before the hose clamp gets tightened, is to twist the two connector sides opposite each other (like wringing out a towel). Then tighten the hose clamp over the twisted connection. In theory this provides pressure to the terminals helping to provide constant contact and the clamp holds them in place.
        Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Boat just quits - no beep, no nothing, then starts just fine

Thanks everyone for the input. Unfortunately vacation ended and will have no time to diagnose and repair till I need boat again. I have dropped it off the performance marine (Tige Dealer) for an expert to fix. Hopefully won't cost too much. Wanting to get integrated ballast soon. Thanks again.

Comment

Boatwakes- you called it. Performance Marine found three bad wire connections at that harness and had it fixed in no time. I wish I would have had more vacation time to fix myself but glad to support a great Tige dealer. These guys are the best and wish I could attend the reunion this weekend and see the new RZX. Thanks To everyone who helped and Performamce Marine.

Comment

Working...
            X