No announcement yet.

Autmotive Alternator replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. If my waverunner flames I am leaving and let it just become a signal flare. When I got stopped on the lake by TWRA they had to inspect the extinguisher. I told the agent that it was stupid to have one a PWC as it may encourage use and cause more problems. He strongly agreed but said it was the law. The law was written before PWC and all vehicles on the water using gas required an extinguisher and PWCs are considered a vehicle on the water.

I have the same rule on my boat. If there is a fire I grab a vest (if I am caught in the rare moment I am not wearing one) and head overboard. Some other boater will see the fire and come investigate and give me a ride. We can then sit and watch the boat burn. Let the insurance company deal with the issues. People are more important. I would never attempt to battle any fire where gasoline is involved.
    Ray Thompson
    2005 22V

Comment

The gasoline is just the ignition source. Have you ever seen fiberglass burn? Not to mention all the plastics your boards and vests are made of.
      Let it burn.
      Greg Denton
      former service mgr. Tige Watersports July 95-July 05

Comment

Is it the fiberglass burning or the resin that is burning? And yes I have seen a boat burning but I was thinking it was the fuel.

You see there was this chap in Corpus Christi that pumped about 100 gallons of fuel into the bilge vent thinking it was the fuel tank. Started the boat and immediately there was an explosion. Severely injured the fellow and wiped out a major portion of the dock from the concussion and the fire. The boat burned to the water line.

But as for seeing the hull actually burn, no I have not.
        Ray Thompson
        2005 22V

Comment

Working...
        X