Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LKG PH Creek View Post
    $6K in damages
    $6000 will be easy to reach in parts and labor if everything BoatWakes described has to be done. Mega-Ouch.

I have to say, this thread made me extra paranoid when we took our 24Ve out on the lake for a few minutes to test some stuff this afternoon. My wife was driving and we were easily 50 feet away from the shore and I still couldn't help but mention this thread and those photos. Ugh.

Comment

My contact with the bottom of the lake lead to replacing the prop, shaft, straightened strut and little gel coat touch up. $2000.00. I hope your repair goes well and for less than $6000.00.

Comment

Boy, with all of these posts it's becoming obvious to me that I need to take it to a shop and get a quote and leave it to the professionals. I think as this point I am going to end up making an insurance claim. My rates are already so low if they do happen to go up it won't be the end of the world.

With the boat in as good of shape as it is in, and the price I paid for it, it would be a mistake to half *** repairs at this point. I would rather have a respectable shop go through everything necessary to fix this for the long run as I don't see selling it any time soon.

Thanks for all of the advice and suggestions, it has taken me from wanting to do these repairs myself, to doing the right thing and letting the guys that know what they are doing take care of it.

Comment

Working...
        X