Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 22Ve Speed Control Adjustment

Hi All,
    It has been a while since I have been on the forum. Mainly it has been since 2017 since our boat has been on the water. I have seriously been considering selling it, and probably will, but our family is going to rent a lake place for a week and I figure it would be a good time to get the boat tuned up and get all systems verified before parting with it.

The last time we used it, I recall that the speed control (Speed Set) did not hold speed very well, it would speed up and slow down. I had replaced the paddle wheel with the Nautic Logic GPS unit. This I don't believe has anything to do with it as it just provides a more accurate speed input. Is there any way to adjust the response rate on Speed Set? On a boat about 10 years ago, we had perfect pass and we could adjust the response speed. I would like to slower the response speed so it isn't constantly hunting.

FYI: We are running the old tried and true 1235 prop on this boat. I figured it would mention it as it may get asked.

I am working on getting a service appt. to have them go through all systems before we get it on the water. Maybe my family will fall back in love with the water and I can keep her.

Thanks in advance for any help
    -Dan
    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

The actual speed holding logic is in the engine ECM. The "speed-set" set, speed up and speed down, is simple commands from the touch pad. And, the system does need an accurate speed input, so the paddle wheel or GPS signal is a major factor. With that said, the speed and ECM rely on the same signal, so if the speedo is erratic, then speed-set would be also.

So if you can set the speed set, speed up and speed down, then it seems the issue lies somewhere else then the speed-set.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Did you purchase the patch cable for factory installed speedset

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Twinrotors View Post
        Did you purchase the patch cable for factory installed speedset

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
        I purchased the kit specific for 2007 Tige. It was complete plug and play, all connections mated up as instructed.

In addition, I do have a spare Speedset keypad, but it doesn’t sound as if that would be the issue.

"I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Working...
        X