Taps Not Working - Fuse Location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taps Not Working - Fuse Location?

My 2005 24V Taps are not working. I can't find a fuse or breaker to check. Any pointers would be appreciated!

Call Tige Water sports and ask for John in service.
    951-737-9801 There not to far from you.

On my 2004 switch-v, there is no fuse or breaker. It is hard wire into the terminal blocks under the dash.
    Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

Aren't the breakers located on the right hand side of the dash bezel? Here is and 05 24V, and O know they are on an 04 22V and an 05 22V that I've worked on.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...5&postcount=35

Whitlock, i'm 99% sure you've got a breaker or fuse somewhere, got to be
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

If you need more local help, I could stop by and help if you need it.
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

[QUOTE=chpthril

Whitlock, i'm 99% sure you've got a breaker or fuse somewhere, got to be [/QUOTE]

I would have thought so, but on my Switch-V I have 2 wires going to the ram, 3 wires going the rocker switch, 1 black wire going directly to the thermal block for -12vdc, 1 red wire going to the thermal block for +12vdc and 3 wires going to the taps gage.
          (Last week I traced everything down, because my actuator stopped working)
          According to Lenco, a 20amp fuse is optional. I guess Tige did not want to spend the 50 cents on my switch.
          http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9771

Comment

I think everything for the taps is wired in with the gauges. So all that would be on the same fuse. Which means the fuse probably isnt the problem.

Check all the wires coming from the taps box...
            Common Sense is not so Common
            Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

After every winter my TAPS sticks. I end up tapping on it with a rubber mallet while my wife is pushing down on the TAPS switch. Works every time. 2004 24V. Hope this helps.

Comment

I own a 2004 22v, and same here, every year, it sticks. Even when I have the boat serviced and ask for this to be checked, still sticks. Now, stuck at 7. Is this something unique to our boats?

I love the wake, couldn't find a sweeter set-up on any other, but this has become beyond frustrating!

Comment

I had the same problem, but could not get mine to work. Before I dished out 180 for a new actuator, I took it apart to see if I could fix it. It turned out all it needed was some oil on the bearing.
                  http://tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9928

Comment

My TAPS fuse on my 05 is located off of the positive battery terminal! Ask me how I know

Comment

Okay... I was dumb and plugged a broken adaptor for a ballast pump into the 12v adaptor. Taps, radio, blower etc stopped working.

I found the fuse near the pos. on the battery and replaced it (definitely fried). Stoked that I found it after some searching! But... still no blower, taps, radio etc. I found a main accessory 50 amp reset button on front of engine. Pushed it but no affect.

What's next? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My boat is an 05 Switch V.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X