No announcement yet.

MYSTERIOUS BEEPING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That tool wasn't compatible, My computer is an ECM 555. So I had to buy a mercruiser scan tool, $479 and the adapter $59. I have not recieved it yet, but should have it on friday, I will post my results.

Comment

Fast, what do you mean by the pump would be "priming" off and on? Please elaborate. I'm curious.

Comment

i believe he he means the pump would be losing its prime. causing it to "in a sense" cavitate. this low fuel pressure to the rail would trigger an alarm.
        I'm full of tomfullery

Comment

Scan tool

So I got my scan tool from marinepartsexpress.com(Rhinda tech also has it) I had many errors.I believe because of the inboard use of the engine. The main fault that could not be cleared was the idle air controller. Have a new one coming tommorrow. 98.00. Hopefully this cures it. The tool does alot. I will kep up to date.

Comment

IACs have been failing recently on Mercruisers.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

what is the IAC?

Comment

Originally posted by illiniboarder88 View Post
                what is the IAC?
                Mounted to the trottle body, the Idle Air Control motor is either a stepper or Pulse Width controlled motor that allows air to bypass the closed throttle plate in order to control/regulate idle speed.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by venetrex View Post
                  ... The main fault that could not be cleared was the idle air controller. Have a new one coming tommorrow. 98.00. Hopefully this cures it. ...
                  Mallory Marine seems to be adding to their line of replacement parts for Mercruisers. They show an IAC for our 2000 Mag MPI for $65. They also have throttle position sensors, fuel injectors & seals, sensors and pressure regulators. Page 25 of 40 in their marine catalog has a nice chart of all the parts here: http://www.mallory-marine.com/pdf/InboardFuelSystem.pdf

Comment

Installed

Installed the new idle air controller. Beeping solved. Also found that the ECM reduces power to 90% when this is bad. So I also noticed a few more ponies!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X