MYSTERIOUS BEEPING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MYSTERIOUS BEEPING

I have a 2002 tige 21v riders edition with a mercruiser mag mpi towsports. I am getting a strange engine warning beep. It beeps for a few seconds when driving and then stops, then a minute later beeps and stops. All gauges ook okay. Temp is okay, oil pressure okay, batt okay. Any ideas on where to start????

Check your connections to the battery again. Mine did this twice and freaked me out, thinking I had an issue. Same deal where everything else was perfect except for the warning beep. I checked the connection to the battery and it was just a little loose. No issues since. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Fit to be Tige View Post
      Check your connections to the battery again. Mine did this twice and freaked me out, thinking I had an issue. Same deal where everything else was perfect except for the warning beep. I checked the connection to the battery and it was just a little loose. No issues since. Good luck.
      You may want to check the connections at your starter also.
      15 Escalade ESV-Black
      08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Conn

Conn at starter are okay, BAtt too, however, there are a few wires at the battery that I always get confused whether they are grds or + connections. Any leads on this??? 2 brown wires. Anyone got a pic of their battery?

Comment

My brown wire went to the bilge.
          Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Brown usually goes to the bilge pump. When you get them right, zip tie those suckers together so there is no guessing where they go.

Comment

How old is your boat and does it beep twice above a certain RPM range? If it does this periodically every time you're above 2500 RPMs, it might be your fuel pressure regulator. That happened to me last year. There's a thread on this somewhere and if your Mercruiser is more than 8 years old, it probably is due for replacement. The only way to know for sure is to have the code checked by a service technician.
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

beeping

My boat is a 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by laserfish View Post
                  Brown usually goes to the bilge pump. When you get them right, zip tie those suckers together so there is no guessing where they go.
                  good call
                  Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
                    How old is your boat and does it beep twice above a certain RPM range? If it does this periodically every time you're above 2500 RPMs, it might be your fuel pressure regulator. That happened to me last year. There's a thread on this somewhere and if your Mercruiser is more than 8 years old, it probably is due for replacement. The only way to know for sure is to have the code checked by a service technician.
                    This is true also a fuel pump (low pressure) starting to go could give him the same beep. The pump would be priming off and on instead of keeping constant flow. If the high pressure pump starts to go it would be running bad, if at all.
                    "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

Originally posted by Fast1911 View Post
                      This is true also a fuel pump (low pressure) starting to go could give him the same beep. The pump would be priming off and on instead of keeping constant flow. If the high pressure pump starts to go it would be running bad, if at all.
                      Mine just started beeping at higher RPMs (2500+). It ran just fine, but I backed it off just as a precaution and had it checked out. It will gradually deteriorate. The fuel pump was just fine. The fuel pressure regulator is jiust a membrane that will deteriorate, especially if there's ethanol in your fuel.
                      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

My fue pump was changed 2 years ago, it does it under all RPM's. Even at idle.. I haven't had a chance to mess with it again, but I will on sat. Too much work for me this week.

Comment

I am going to chk all connections and such. I found a site to purchase an adapter to be able to scan the mercruiser computer for $199.00. I believe that's a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
                            Mine just started beeping at higher RPMs (2500+). It ran just fine, but I backed it off just as a precaution and had it checked out. It will gradually deteriorate. The fuel pump was just fine. The fuel pressure regulator is jiust a membrane that will deteriorate, especially if there's ethanol in your fuel.
                            How can you tell which it is? And other than a beep, what are the symptoms when it starts to deteriorate or fail?

Comment

Originally posted by venetrex View Post
                              I am going to chk all connections and such. I found a site to purchase an adapter to be able to scan the mercruiser computer for $199.00. I believe that's a deal.
                              Where is the site and how did the tool work for you?
                              Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
                              X