No announcement yet.

Taps Shorting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have the electric Lenco model? If so the brain under the dash could be bad and will need to be sent back to Lenco for replacement.

Comment

Bad Wires

I finally figured out my problem. It ended up being the wiring to the switch in the throttle handle was completely severed so I completely removed the switch from the handle and mounted it on the dash and everything works great now.

Comment

Glad you got it fixed. Thanks for the update.
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

OK so my Dealer had his Master Tech come down from the main office and is saying the issue is the taps are running through my docking lights or Courtesy Lights and is causing the original issue in this post. He is going to do some more research I thought I would just throw it out here. Any thoughts?

Comment

The 2006 is hydraulic and most of the failures have been with the relay under the dash. However the relay can burn out do to a failed pump motor or sollenoid on the pump, which when the sollenoid goes bad can some times go one way but binds up the pump when going the other and causes the relay to heat up. Also I have seen the trim wires wear through to shift handle and short out or create a surge on the power which will throw the motor into a limp mode. Hope this helps on some of the questions.

Comment

Maybe the second option is the most plausible as it is working when I in idle but when going over 5 mph it will shut down everything. I will pass along to the dealer when they are able to barrow a tech from the Missouri store. Not an optimal situation.

Comment

OK well after the dealer had the “Master Tech” out to check out my boat they didn’t have the resolution as the problem baffled everyone. I was not pleased with being out again for another weekend without being able to use my patented taps plate to adjust the boat performance. I decided since I was directed from the board that the grounding issue made the most sense I climbed down in the back compartment to find the main ground wire not connected at all.

I can’t believe that this was the second time they checked out the battery as I had asked them if my charging was messed up for some reason since my battery wasn’t charging. They told me the wires were hooked up correctly and it probably was my stereo that was causing my battery to die.

Ugh.

Comment

Working...
                X