No announcement yet.

Ipod AUX in for Clarion XMD1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be a lot easier to just buy a new stereo and be done.
    Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason B View Post
      It'll be a lot easier to just buy a new stereo and be done.
      That's what I ended up doing. Now I may have to get a new head unit because they finally have a waterproof remote.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Dog,
        I had the XMD2 and upgraded to the CMD4. The old remotes work fine with it. (though I'm told if remotes have an LCD readout the text part won't work but everything else will) I haven't had any trouble with them not being "waterproof".......let's hope I didn't just jinx myself!
        Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason B View Post
          Dog,
          I had the XMD2 and upgraded to the CMD4. The old remotes work fine with it. (though I'm told if remotes have an LCD readout the text part won't work but everything else will) I haven't had any trouble with them not being "waterproof".......let's hope I didn't just jinx myself!
          I don't have a Clarion. My boat originally came with a JVC and I replaced it with a Kenwood. I've got all Kenwood amps, so I'll probably go with their head unit. I really like their iPod interface since it lets me control my iPod like a CD changer.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

new headunit is in future plans. i'm trying to hold out for a little while longer because i've got a few other more pressing issues i have to deal with. new upholstery and some nasty hull dings that need to be re-gelcoated.

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
              Yeah I had posted up a method to get it to where all you need to do is turn your ipod on, at which point the radio will select it.....The other cool thing is that the ipod will be charging.

You have to but a $3 ipod harness, and the 13 pin......I can repost if anyone wants to do it, or I can make one if someone sends the parts.
              I know this is older than dirt, but what was the method of building the adapter where it charges?

Comment

Working...
              X