Battery Charging / Chargers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff T View Post
    Thanks. How many batteries do you have? I'm wondering if the 12 amp is enough to charge both my batteries (deep cycle and crank) overnight...which is why I was leaning towards the 20amp.
    My batterries were very low and they charged overnite. I was very surprised at that and very pleased. I have 2 batterries. Both are interstate Marine/RV starting batterries from the factory. I debated between the 12 and 20 amp charger and the 12 amp is enough for my application
    Let it be!!!

Comment

Thanks Dogbert. 2 Questions: How many batteries do you have? Where did you mount your unit?

As I as reading through the product manual, it clearly states not to mount this unit on carpet? I was going to mount in the back storage, just above the battery box on the removable compartment wall.
      I was concerned about the carpet comment also. I bought some aluminum spacers that I put between the carpet and the charger. The charger is about 1/4 inch off the carpet. My other option was to cut the carpet which is pretty easy to do. The charger did get quite warm but I think it was working overtime since I have never charged the batterries in the 3 years I have owned the boat and I used them alot testing the stereo install. Based on the manufacture date of my boat the batterries are almost 4 years old.
      Last edited by xpjim1; 05-14-2008, 03:44 PM.
      Let it be!!!

Comment

One more thingon the Pro Mariner. Based on where you mount it you will need to get the extensions for the wires to go from the charger to batterries. I bought one 5 foot extension and one 15 foot extension. I might have gotton away with 2 5 feet extensions but it would have been very close and I did not want to go to the store again.
        Let it be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xpjim1 View Post
          One more thingon the Pro Mariner. Based on where you mount it you will need to get the extensions for the wires to go from the charger to batterries. I bought one 5 foot extension and one 15 foot extension. I might have gotton away with 2 5 feet extensions but it would have been very close and I did not want to go to the store again.
          Why did you chose to mount on the starboard side? I was going to mount on the port side for 3 reasons: 1) closer to the battery, 2) power supply is port side, although i can run the extension cord across to the starboard side, and 3) we typically store our jackets in the starboard locker (more water).

Thoughts?

Comment

Why did you chose to mount on the starboard side? I was going to mount on the port side for 3 reasons: 1) closer to the battery, 2) power supply is port side, although i can run the extension cord across to the starboard side, and 3) we typically store our jackets in the starboard locker (more water).

Thoughts?
            I chose the starboard side since I was mounting on the rear of the seat. The port side had the fuel fill line attached to the back of the seat. I have 1 battery on the port side and one on the starboard side so it really did not matter
            Let it be!!!

Comment

Gotcha. Both my batteries are on the port side. I'm leaning toward the compartment divider on the port side. I realize it will cause a little more work when that divider has to be removed, but that is only once or twice a year.

Comment

My 2 batteries charge in less than 12 hours with Pro Mariner 12. As I mentioned earlier, I've run them down, too.
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
                X