Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the longest your battery has lasted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you jinks me mine died had to replace both of them. they went 5 yrs cant fault them. i was going to go with the blue tops holy sh** those things are crazy $$$$$$ and i get them at wholesale. i went with the interstates. the 24m-xhd for cranking and i went with the srm-29 for the house it had the most reserve capcity at 25amps for 210 minutes that would fit in the space and its a tight fit. not sure its going to be the best but we will see. been in a few weeks an so far so good.
    i also ran my memory wire to the house batt. because i got tired of having to reset the stations every time out.
    Last edited by kko; 03-31-2008, 01:06 AM.

Comment

I'll put my $$$ on a good old wet-cel lead-acid battery over an Optima any day.

More bang for the buck, proven reliability.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

yeah that was another thing as i also work on cars i have seen alot of those optimas fail. i just dont think they were worth the coin so i stayed old school.yeah i got both my batts. for the price of one blue top.

Comment

My first boat, I was running 2 used Delco batteries that where replaced under warranty on new cars in inventory. I was Shop Foreman for a Pontiac/Buick/GMS dealership, so they where free to me Sold the boat 4 yrs later with them still going.

My son spent the money on a red top for his Jeep, kicked last Summer after only 2 yrs.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            Just a heads up for anyone, the factory setup has the starter wired to only the one (starter) battery. On the EIDB, the 2nd battery (deep cycle) is running all the accessories. Did you install a Perko style 1/2/both/off switch.

If not, someone would still need to go through he!! to get the jump-box connected to the starter battery.
            Hey guys, just a quick one. Shouldn't the alternator be charging both batteries? I've had a problem with my stereo turning on and off, also speakers stuffing around. Yesterday, All accessories were off, and only on sometimes when I run the boat, but now nothing.
            So help me if I'm wrong but this seems to be the second battery running flat? Should it be charging the same time when running the boat. If not, is there any way I can change the wiring to charge both batteries while running?

Thanks

Comment

I have a Continental deep cycle. Seven years and still going and going....

Comment

[QUOTE=Ruds;154638]Hey guys, just a quick one. Shouldn't the alternator be charging both batteries? I've had a problem with my stereo turning on and off, also speakers stuffing around. Yesterday, All accessories were off, and only on sometimes when I run the boat, but now nothing.
                So help me if I'm wrong but this seems to be the second battery running flat? Should it be charging the same time when running the boat. If not, is there any way I can change the wiring to charge both batteries while running?

Thanks[/QUOTEyes the alt. should charge both batts. if you run one all the way dead i would not try to charge it up with the alt. you will burn it up. get a batt. charger. not sure why your batt. went down. one thing i have found on some boats that sit for long periods is the auto bildge pump will drain the batt. down over the corse of a month or so here in fla. with the rain. you need to find what drained the batt. you will see a pic of the chager i use on a previous page on this thread.

Comment

Working...
                X