Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the longest your battery has lasted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the longest your battery has lasted?

I am going on three years on my original battery. I have only once needed to put a charge on it because I left a light on overnight. I am starting to wonder when it is going to crap out on me. From my experience with cars it will just stop holding a charge one day. I only have one battery and we mostly ride, we rarely sit and chill with the radio on, so I know that helps because it always gets charged by the alternator and rarely gets a hard load on it. We also only have two amps and they are pretty small.

...I hope I did not just jinx myself as I am going to ride the dirty perdy this afternoon and get in some afternoon buttah before the madness of the holiday weekend starts!

Originally posted by AustinSouthSide View Post
    I am going on three years on my original battery. I have only once needed to put a charge on it because I left a light on overnight. I am starting to wonder when it is going to crap out on me. From my experience with cars it will just stop holding a charge one day. I only have one battery and we mostly ride, we rarely sit and chill with the radio on, so I know that helps because it always gets charged by the alternator and rarely gets a hard load on it. We also only have two amps and they are pretty small.

...I hope I did not just jinx myself as I am going to ride the dirty perdy this afternoon and get in some afternoon buttah before the madness of the holiday weekend starts!
    Keep a Jump Box with you and have a good time. Put a new one in next Spring.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

This is the longest yet. End of third year. I used to go through one Optima, Blue Top, a year, until I contacted the Optima company. They told me to use a battery charger that does not exceed 1 mA. I bought a battery Tender Junior (750mA) and am doing well.
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Just got through our third season on the original batteries (though this season was a little shorter than expected). Dual batteries. No battery charger. Lots of radio play while stopped (just one amp.). Maybe I've just been lucky.

I do keep a jump starter on board just in case (although only time I've used it was to jump a MC ).

Comment

Just finishing the fourth season and no indications of any need to replace. I have dual factory batteries and have used a battery tender since day one.

Comment

4th season for my original battery, have never had a problem.
            During the winter I take my battery out and keep it in the garage and put a slow charge on it about once a month.

Comment

Interesting info, I may get another year out of that battery yet.

Any specific "jump box" model I should check out? I know nothing about them.

Comment

My original battery lasted 3 years. Based on my experience with my previous boat, it doesn't matter how much you spend on a replacement, they last about 2-3years, so I just go to Walmart and get the least expensive one.
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I like the ones with out all the crap like light, tire pump, radio and get atleast 600 CA's or higher
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I'd get a second battery. That way you can switch if one battery goes out. It would be highly unusual if both went. Plus, if you run one down you have a backup.
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I've had 2 kirkland (cosco) batteries for 4 years. The smaller one died at the end of this season and as someone stated earlier, it just stopped holding a charge. I check the volts every month and give a little charge when I start to see them drop. My large cosco battery did just fine by itself for 1 last day on the water. I have a jump starter so I'm tempted to see if it will get me a 5th year. We'll see how it holds up through the winter.
                      Last edited by jsz; 10-24-2007, 11:37 PM. Reason: forgot

Comment

jumper starter

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                        I like the ones with out all the crap like light, tire pump, radio and get atleast 600 CA's or higher
                        I have a 1100 cca jump pack used on old tige but my 22ve is a nightmare to get to batteries. Have duel batteries so hopefully wont be a problems.

How long have people had their jump packs last. My old 550 cca one is 10 years old and still goo but had to get bigger one to start my diesel suv.
                        Graham

Comment

My boat was built July '04 as an '05 model with two batteries from the factory, we have had it since June '06 and run all year long sometimes several days per week. We have three amps and have run the stereo for around 8 hours most saturdays. I keep an eye on the charge and just put the batteries on a slow charge every once in a while, my charger decides when to charge. I figure getting three years out of the batteries has been pretty good but hopefully they will last longer since our climate is fairly neutral. Plus the batteries don't get a lot of heat like a car battery since there is not as much heat from the engine around them.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham Morris View Post
                            I have a 1100 cca jump pack used on old tige but my 22ve is a nightmare to get to batteries. Have duel batteries so hopefully wont be a problems.

Just a heads up for anyone, the factory setup has the starter wired to only the one (starter) battery. On the EIDB, the 2nd battery (deep cycle) is running all the accessories. Did you install a Perko style 1/2/both/off switch.

If not, someone would still need to go through he!! to get the jump-box connected to the starter battery.

Comment

my boat is an 03 and it's batterys still work AMAZING!!

My truck's lasted 5 years ( well 1 was orginal one was not. I changed them both in)

My daily driver lasted 9 years

Vette is 1 year

cycle lasted 3 years

jet ski lasted 3 years.

prelude lasted 3 then my friend got a new battery (God bless good paperwork )

280zx lasted 6 years.

53 international is 10 and counting.
                              Originally posted by G-MONEY
                              It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X