X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://fariabeede.com/forms/?form=new#rep_new

Comment

Originally posted by h2o-ski View Post
      That is a possibility as there could be a number of reason why it is not registering speed. For my case the speedo was not registering speed but all other functions worked and the water temp and depth sounder still worked which for me meant that the triducer was still somewhat functioning. Adding the NauticLogic unit fixed the issue as for me the paddlewheel function of the triducer was not working.
      The green wire splits at the triducer. Be sure you have continuity from the triducer plug to the gauge. Maybe its just lost its connection and the gauge is still good.
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks Lee but I spoke with Faria and they can't repair this gauge. Still looking for a solution...

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
          The green wire splits at the triducer. Be sure you have continuity from the triducer plug to the gauge. Maybe its just lost its connection and the gauge is still good.
          Thanks but I sent the gauge to Faria and Nautic Laugic and they both said it is not working and there is no direct replacement or repair. I have to find another one in working order or replace it with multiple gauges/screens to get the same functionality.

Comment

Looking for Faria SJ0013 gauge

Look up my replacement of speedset and my speedo with a Hydrophase Ridesteady unit. I used a white face one and it is/was awesome.

And the speed control became 1000x better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
              Look up my replacement of speedset and my speedo with a Hydrophase Ridesteady unit. I used a white face one and it is/was awesome.

And the speed control became 1000x better!

I would like to do all of this but looking for a quick cheap solution right now. My speedset still works, otherwise I would be doing this changeover.

Comment

Does your throttle have the TPS mounted right on it, or does it still use a cable with a TPS mounted somewhere around the engine? If its mounted around the engine then it's easy to install PP or Hydrophase, even though its DBW. If the TPS is mounted on the throttle you can convert it to the older style system and then remote mount a TPS using a cable. Then install PP or Hydrophase. All in all, its a bit of work, but you will end up with a much better cruise control. Hydrophase also has water temp built in. You will need a depth gauge though. Not sure if PP has that built in as well.

Comment

^^this is the pathway I blazed. It works great, but it’s not cheap or simple.

Also, I haven’t encountered a motor with a remote mounted potentiometer that doesn’t already have PP....those are the oddballs I have encountered.

Comment

Totally different segment but have added PP to a couple of Volvos in Regals. They run cable to TPS/potentiometer that sits on the motor. It's not my favorite install, but it's fairly straight forward. Only real hangup is getting your servo mounted and cables routed so everything can move freely. The TPS is located in a fairly inconvenient spot with lots of stuff to hang up cable and impede travel.

Comment

Looking for Faria SJ0013 gauge

Same theory as what I worked out. In the 2006 boats relocation of the potentiometer is the part that required some thought.

And wiring the jumper that it took to make the electronics work. That just took some care but was not rocket science.

Comment

Working...
                      X