Looking for Faria SJ0013 gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Faria SJ0013 gauge

My Speedometer is failing and when I tried to send it back to Faria for a rebuild, they told me it is obsolete and there is no replacement. The part number is SJ0013. I have a 2006 24Ve that uses a paddle wheel for for the speed. Anybody have any ideas of where I might be able to find a replacement? It also reads depth, water temp and air temp from a small digital screen in the same gauge. Those features still work as does my speed set. I emailed Tige and never heard back (anytime I have ever emailed them). Faria just said tough luck. Thanks in advance!

Is it just the speedo that does not work but everything else works? If so then I would look into NauticLogic GPS based system that plugs right in. My speedo stopped working with the paddlewheel, but Nauticlogic fixed that.

Comment

Bummer, no repair option of refurb available?
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Can they not rebuild or repair the gauge for you?

Comment

Everything else is working. Unfortunately Tige went to a drive by wire system in 06 and I can't use anything except the Tige Speedset....

Comment

No, they said it is obsolete and I guess all they did was replace the board. They are out of boards.

Comment

Nothing from Faria. I am hoping someone that is far smarter than me has figured out something that will work.

Comment

Update: Justin at Tige is currently helping me find a solution. I will post another update as soon as I have it!

Comment

Nauticlogic list 2006 as compatible with the following: http://nauticlaugic.com/NL4-Fc_2017_Packages.html That is the same package I installed in my boat. It plugs inline with the connectors on the speedo and drops the paddlewheel signal and replaces it with the GPS signal. However you may want to call them and see what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by h2o-ski View Post
                    Nauticlogic list 2006 as compatible with the following: http://nauticlaugic.com/NL4-Fc_2017_Packages.html That is the same package I installed in my boat. It plugs inline with the connectors on the speedo and drops the paddlewheel signal and replaces it with the GPS signal. However you may want to call them and see what they say.
                    I'll look into it! Thank you. Tige made the switch to drive by wire about halfway through 2006 production year, so there are some 2006's out there without DBW.

Comment

Originally posted by efrickle View Post
                      I'll look into it! Thank you. Tige made the switch to drive by wire about halfway through 2006 production year, so there are some 2006's out there without DBW.
                      The GPS unit only plugs into the speedo and should not care about DBW or DBC.

Comment

So what if you have a bad speedo, as is the case here with Eric? Going from paddle wheel to GPS makes not different, you still have an analog speedo head that wont show speed.

Also, an 06V could still have the cable driven MP engine and perfect pass, but a Ve would have had the new DBW MP engine and ACCU-SET. Yes, I know there are a couple rare early ve boats with PP, just stating it as it was by the year/model break, not an absolute on 100% of the models.
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                          So what if you have a bad speedo, as is the case here with Eric? Going from paddle wheel to GPS makes not different, you still have an analog speedo head that wont show speed.

Also, an 06V could still have the cable driven MP engine and perfect pass, but a Ve would have had the new DBW MP engine and ACCU-SET. Yes, I know there are a couple rare early ve boats with PP, just stating it as it was by the year/model break, not an absolute on 100% of the models.
                          Thanks Mike! The problem I am running into is that I would have to purchase a GPS speedo to fill the 4" void where the multifunction gauge is and then add a new gauge somewhere for depth & temp. Faria and Tige aren't sure I can use the existing triducer sensors. I also have to leave the paddlewheel or my speedset won't work. Thanks for the clarification on the 06 models.

Comment

Originally posted by h2o-ski View Post
                            The GPS unit only plugs into the speedo and should not care about DBW or DBC.
                            My speedset or cruise control does though. It can't be replaced by any of the aftermarket systems such as Zero-off or perfect pass, etc. I have an email in to Nauticlaugic and will let you know what they say. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                              That is a possibility as there could be a number of reason why it is not registering speed. For my case the speedo was not registering speed but all other functions worked and the water temp and depth sounder still worked which for me meant that the triducer was still somewhat functioning. Adding the NauticLogic unit fixed the issue as for me the paddlewheel function of the triducer was not working.

Comment

Working...
                              X