Speaker Hiss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:
    Finally got my dealer to get a response from Tige. Was given a letter that indicated that this was a known issue. There was a bad batch of Wetsounds amps.
    But first they instructed the dealer to check to make sure there is a resistor plugged into the amp. If not they would send it. Presumably this would fix the problem. The resistor was there for me.
    Next, they said to unplug the red and white RCA leads from the amp. If the hiss was still there then the amp was defective. That was the case for me. I even sent a video with sound with the hiss clearly audible.
    2 weeks later and still waiting to hear back. Seems pretty clear that I have a bad amp according to their simple tests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

An additional test would be to short the input(s) from which you unplugged the RCA cables. This means the amp is receiving ZERO input signal (not even noise). Anything that comes out the speakers at that point is entirely internal amp noise.

Comment

^^^^, Yep, powering up an amp with no signal cables plugged in can invite noise, leading to a false diagnosis.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Although the R21 will have some different components from a Z1 and others, most of the diagnostic steps remain the same. Amps to get hot, so nothing necessarily there. So in working direct with Wet Sounds, you were able to isolate the noise to be generated by the amp and not coming in up stream?
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have no experience with boats, but have done several car installations. If the noise is coming from other electronics on board, the first thing I would try is to put a ground loop isolator for the input signal. Some of high end amplifiers have it built in, but it still worth to try.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Comment

If the noise is suspected to be from ground loop, there are steps to actually eliminate it, rather then mask it with a GLI. If its gain hiss or generated within the amp, it would be post GLI, so no benefit of installing one.

Comment

Moose, Curious if you got this resolved. My 2018 RZR sounds like its having the same issue. I usually do not have the stereo on and when I first pull off the dock its quiet then sometime 5 to 30+ minutes later a hiss will build and then go up and down until it settles on a steady hiss(kinda sounds like a space sound effect at first). Turning the boat off does nothing. Turning the entire touch screen off stops the hiss until I turn the touch screen back on and its back. No setting on the stereo has any affect on the hiss including volume. Occasionally I can turn off the boat and screen for a while and hiss will be gone for another few minutes but usually returns. Is this the same issue you were having?

Comment

Sounds like the amp. Contact your dealer and have them look into getting it swapped out.
                  Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks yup they said the wet sounds amps have been recalled.

Comment

Originally posted by tgmind View Post
                      Moose, Curious if you got this resolved. My 2018 RZR sounds like its having the same issue. I usually do not have the stereo on and when I first pull off the dock its quiet then sometime 5 to 30+ minutes later a hiss will build and then go up and down until it settles on a steady hiss(kinda sounds like a space sound effect at first). Turning the boat off does nothing. Turning the entire touch screen off stops the hiss until I turn the touch screen back on and its back. No setting on the stereo has any affect on the hiss including volume. Occasionally I can turn off the boat and screen for a while and hiss will be gone for another few minutes but usually returns. Is this the same issue you were having?
                      see your dealer for the fix, there is TSB thats been issued.

Comment

Working...
                      X