Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nautic Laugic NL4-Fc

No I didnt spell that wrong.

Ok so last season, Gil mention this system to me. Anyone running this system? Thinking the added accuracy of GPS with IDBoatings new speed set should be a great pairing.
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

First thing I did for my 05 22v and love it. Great product and only takes a few minutes to install. I didn't have to calibrate either which isn't a big deal if you have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Okay good, I was reading that about the calibration. Does everything still work, depth, water temp, speed set
      My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

All mine does but I have the old perfect pass vs speed set. I would say yes cause all it does is splice into system and send a gps generating paddle Signal. The temp, depth etc are passed through. To confirm you can call them. They are great to work with.

Comment

I have been very tempted to get this too. My only hesitation would be to go to PP stargazer instead which is not an option for speed set.

Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Just heard back from them, this IS compatible with the the speed set and would make the speed set run off of the GPS signal. It does require some wiring to connect to the Speedset but even for me seems very easy. I am curious if I get enough people interested they would do a group buy same as FAE.

Comment

I'd be interested in a group buy
              Sometimes you have to do what feels good, rather than what feels right.

Comment

TheGerman, you might want to make sure your 2006 doesn't need the system listed for the 2007 because some 2006 boats I think had the Perfect Pass setup which it lists as the NL3-FC. Do you have the Airmar Triducer wheel?

Might want to make sure you don't need this one:
                http://nauticlaugic.com/nl4-sr%20packages.html

I might be interested if they do a group buy.... I have spent enough this year but I have been eyeing it for years.
                Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

I think you are talking about the NL4-FC, not the NL3-FC. Anyways, I ordered the same thing but I havent installed it yet so I can't tell you how it works. I did talk to them over email about it, I'll post it below for everyones sake. It is straight from Nautic Laugic.

"there are a couple of ways to GPS upgrade your 2006 Tige. Unfortunately at the core of the confusion is Tige did not provide a Paddlewheel (PW) connector [like most all other Tow boat manufacturer's]. Rather they use butt-splices to attach the PW cable to the wire-harness under the dash. With both the options below, the Depth and Temperature signals are untouched, and will continue their present state of operation.

Option 1: NL4-FC
                  your stock speedometer is a Faria Commander [with the display and pushbuttons at its bottom]. To install the NL4-FC, simply unplug the Dash Connector "A" from the backside of the speedometer. In its place, insert the NL4-FC's connector. Then reconnect the loose Dash Connector to the mating NL4-FC's. Locate the GPS receiver, plug it into the NL4, and basically your done. This configuration only provides the new GPS speed to the Faria commander, and Not the Speedset.
                  Instructions for the NL4-FC are found here: http://nauticlaugic.com/NL4-FC%20Ins...on%20GUIDE.pdf

Option 2: NL4-FC with the PP PatchCable Option
                  Install the NL4-FC as in Option 1. Use the PP Patchcable to feed all the other 'speed instruments' GPS speed. To do so the PW source is cut, and the NL4-FC signal is injected. Follow the PW cable to under the dash... the you'll find a cluster of butt-splices. See the attached pic for connecting the PP PatchCable."

Here is the pic:

Comment

Originally posted by killerbren View Post
                    I think you are talking about the NL4-FC, not the NL3-FC. Anyways, I ordered the same thing but I havent installed it yet so I can't tell you how it works. I did talk to them over email about it, I'll post it below for everyones sake. It is straight from Nautic Laugic.

Comment

I got almost the word for word email today from them with the same picture. Along with a rather shall we say professional way of saying NO to a group buy....unless 1 person purchases multiple units say 10, then they would do a discounted rate. Or they would provide a % off if we advertise there name and logo on the home page. With the there reasoning being "we pride ourselves on having an already affordable product" which seems fair IMO.

Killerbren-Could you add your expierence with the imstall and ultimately you review of the product when you test it as CaptKirk did? I really like the idea of this but with a projected $250 for the Speedset a call in $300 for the Laugic that's a big number to convince the better half to do it, even if they are relationship savers

Comment

Well thanks for trying anyway. I will probably be buying it anyway. I've had an eye on this for a while.
                        Sometimes you have to do what feels good, rather than what feels right.

Comment

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
                          Killerbren-Could you add your expierence with the imstall and ultimately you review of the product when you test it as CaptKirk did? I really like the idea of this but with a projected $250 for the Speedset a call in $300 for the Laugic that's a big number to convince the better half to do it, even if they are relationship savers
                          Sure! But I probably wont be on the water until June. We have a big move coming up! good news is my boat will fit in the new garage and I will get to work on it in the comfort of the new "boat cave"

Comment

Well good luck guys, I'll try to keep this thread alive. Please please report back if you don't mind with reviews. Thanks, this is on my list of stuff to do, going to hold off for now till my Speedset is working.

Comment

So am I reading the email correctly? If you have speedset it won't integrate to your touchpad? That can't be right

Comment

Working...
                              X