No announcement yet.

2010 RZ2 TT issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried a hard reset on the TT? Disconnecting power again and restarting it? By disconnecting power I mean turn off the batteries and turn off the CBs under the helm. Wait 2 min, then turn the battery switch back on and then turn on the CB switches under the helm.
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_DipWrap View Post
      Everything work now except the touch. A ground cable was not connected on the batts.
      That is exceedingly odd. The screen and the touch are part of the same assembly. Sorry to ask what sound like stupid questions, but: Are your fingers clean? Does everyone else's fingers get the same results? Any chance you're discharging static to the screen by scuffing across the carpet before you touch it? (ESD could lock up the touch circuitry.)

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
        That is exceedingly odd. The screen and the touch are part of the same assembly. Sorry to ask what sound like stupid questions, but: Are your fingers clean? Does everyone else's fingers get the same results? Any chance you're discharging static to the screen by scuffing across the carpet before you touch it? (ESD could lock up the touch circuitry.)
        everyone tried, even the previous owner and it dont work.

Have you tried a hard reset on the TT? Disconnecting power again and restarting it? By disconnecting power I mean turn off the batteries and turn off the CBs under the helm. Wait 2 min, then turn the battery switch back on and then turn on the CB switches under the helm.
        Just to make sure we talk about the same parts, whats the CB under the helm ?

Comment

There is a Circuit Breaker (CB) panel under the helm with 2 white switches that turn it on and off. I guess it's also called a Bus.
          2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
          2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Have been on the water yesterday. Screen have worked perfectly when we were riding. As soon as is shut down the engine, the touch dont work. Very strange, look like there's a voltage problem. Grounds are good, batts are new. What else?

Comment

If you think there's a voltage problem, measure it. Get a digital voltmeter (under ten bucks at Harbor Freight) and start measuring under the helm. If there's a voltage problem you'll know pretty fast. Until you measure, you're just guessing. We need some data!

Comment

Already done before, 12,7 volts when keys it off. 13,9 when the engine run. Have been on the water today, samething happened. Worked all the day when engine is running. Samething for the subwoofer, have stoppes yesterday and start working after the engine run

Comment

Voltages look OK. Can you leave the multimeter connected, or at least on the boat, and repeat the measurements next time it occurs? When things shut down, do NOTHING and just measure voltages.

Comment

did that too. It is the same voltage.

Comment

What causes the touchscreen to start working again? Cycling power? Does that fix it 100% of the time? I'm trying to determine if it is 100% fixable by some action you can intentionally take, or if it just comes and goes unpredictably.

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                        What causes the touchscreen to start working again? Cycling power? Does that fix it 100% of the time? I'm trying to determine if it is 100% fixable by some action you can intentionally take, or if it just comes and goes unpredictably.
                        looks like its cycling power after a certain amount of time ( around an hour ). If i turn the key off and re start the engine, it doesnt work and i have to wait an hour.

Comment

Sounds thermal to me. That said, unfortunately I can't think of any separate component that could cause that behavior. It's probably within the touchscreen itself. Something is passing current, gets too hot, expands until the connection is broken, and needs some time before it cools enough to make contact again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Comment

Working...
                          X