Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 RZ2 TT issue

Hi Guys,

i'm new on the forum, just bought a 2010 RZ2. Everything was looking good before i got home.

-TT doesnt work, worked well for 20 minutes and then nothing. Screen is there but the touch dont work.
    -Subwoofer dont work ( every speaker work )
    - Docking light dont work ( all other work )

Batts are at 12.2V, everything thing is well fixed. Could it be the screen? Should I upgrade the software?
    Need help, I dont want to bring it to dealer and loose it for weeks!!

thanks for the help!

Subwoofer dont work ( every speaker work )
    Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Play some hip-hop at a medium volume and place your fingers on the woofers cone, do you feel any vibrations? Just under the steering wheel, there is sub level volume knob if you are not aware.

Docking light dont work ( all other work )
    If one is out, likely bulb. Both out still could be bulbs, but could be switch or breaker/fuse

Batts are at 12.2V,
    at rest or engine running?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Play some hip-hop at a medium volume and place your fingers on the woofers cone, do you feel any vibrations? Just under the steering wheel, there is sub level volume knob if you are not aware.

If one is out, likely bulb. Both out still could be bulbs, but could be switch or breaker/fuse

at rest or engine running?

It dont play at all, Already made some test with the sub level. Looks like there no power
      Bulb looks ok, i will try 2 new.
      At rest. Its the only time i've been able to go to the Volts gages so thats why i know. I will try 2 brand new batts today, other than that could it be the plug ? Is there any access to see if the plug is good? hope it will work!

Comment

update: Just added 2 brand new 1000V batts. Changed nothing, nothing work.

anyone have the folder to make the update? can it be that?
        Last edited by Ben_DipWrap; 05-10-2015, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Was it working for 20 min of driving the boat on the water or was it 20 min on in the driveway playing with the features? If it all worked then stopped working it's probably a fuse or circuit breaker, especially with all the other stuff not working either.
          2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
          2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

was working on the water. Then stopped, and worked again. In the driveway its the same. Worked for 1 mins and now nothing. If it was a fuse i guess the screen would no be not work. Thats why i was thinking the batts was low, but even with new batts nothing work. I have unplugged the Viper for an hour to do a reset. We'll see.

edit: Unplug the Viper cable changed nothing.

Looks like I have no choice other than loose the boat for 2 weeks at the dealer
            Last edited by Ben_DipWrap; 05-10-2015, 07:53 PM.

Comment

I spent the winter troubleshooting my TT issues on 2011 RZ2. At the end I took to dealer to get fixed. It may be quicker and cheaper to take to dealer. Especially if just purchased from dealer, I would think he would work with you. Good luck.

Comment

It is clearly a ground problem. Now the blower, sound system and horn doesnt work. Amps dont turn on and sound in the speakers is noisi. Anyone can help me on finding all the ground on the boat? Is there one in the engine bay?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_DipWrap View Post
                  It is clearly a ground problem. Now the blower, sound system and horn doesnt work. Amps dont turn on and sound in the speakers is noisi. Anyone can help me on finding all the ground on the boat? Is there one in the engine bay?
                  Amps ground battery direct, batt-2 grounds to battery 1, battery 1 grounds to block.

If the amps arent on, you should not have any sound omitting from the speakers.

There is a main helm ground BUS under the helm. fed by a 4 or 2 ga cable.

Have you confirmed the battery voltage at each battery with a diagnostic volt meter?
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Batts are at 12.5 each and 13.6 when engine runing. Speakers was doing the sound before the amps shut off.
                    Theres also 2 fuse box on the first battery, fuse are good but could it be deffect?
                    Touch Screen as worked again the first 2 mins i started the engine

Comment

Screen is there but the touch dont work.
                      Does this mean the display shows images, but touches aren't sensed? If so, that's a very strange symptom.

Comment

Correct. Work for few mins and then dont work.

Comment

Sorry, let me be more specific.

Display: Does it work?

Touch: Does it ever work?

If both display (output) and touch (input) work, do they work at the same time?

Do they then fail at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                            Sorry, let me be more specific.

Display: Does it work?

Touch: Does it ever work?

If both display (output) and touch (input) work, do they work at the same time?

Do they then fail at the same time?
                            Screen Yes, always work

Touch No, work fews minutes and then dont work

Comment

Anyone have the file to update the viper? I will try that.
                              Everything work now except the touch. A ground cable was not connected on the batts.

Comment

Working...
                              X