Blown blower fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
    I know for a fact mine experiences that, but I think the blowers are designed to tolerate it. Do you see evidence of water intrusion/damage on the old units you replace?
    I have not replaced the blower units. The dealer took care of it.

Comment

There are two fuses for the blower - one in the panel and the other up behind panel near the throttle. Had same issue - change both and see if that fixes it. PIA to get to the second fuse, but drove me nuts until the dealer contacted Tige. No issues since changing both to a 10amp fuses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

That's weird. I presume one fuse is for manual operation, while the other is for the "automatic" blower operation at low speeds. Kinda like how your bilge pump has two fuses for its two modes. Thing is, one circuit's fuse shouldn't have any effect on the other. Even if one fuse were underrated, the other shoudn't blow because of that.

Comment

I had the same issue dealer had me replace fuse in TT Panel with 10 amp. Blew the fuse further down the line which I think was a 5 amp. Spent hours trying to troubleshoot the issue when I finally discovered the second fuse. I agree having 2 fuses on the same wire doesn't make any sense.

Comment

If they really did wire two fuses in series with each other, that's completely dumb and pointless.

Comment

Working...
            X