Speedset will not adjust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
    Any chance you have a projected limited release?
    It will be at least a few more weeks. We'll try to hurry!

Comment

Originally posted by IDBoating View Post
      Good news... I got angry at this seriously crappy design, took another shot at killerbren's panel - and got it working! Wahoo!

killerbren, I'll contact you via PM with shipping details.
      Here I was planning a funeral for my speed set, and it turns out she wakes up in the morgue! Richard you are the man!

Comment

Originally posted by killerbren View Post
        Here I was planning a funeral for my speed set, and it turns out she wakes up in the morgue!
        More like she woke up on the ER gurney after a last-ditch effort with the shock paddles!

She's boxed up and will ship tomorrow. I'll PM tomorrow with the tracking number.

Comment

I am super crazy excited to get mine working again. It is the only thing that doesn't work on my boat from the day I bought it. However thanks to the awesome people here on TO I knew that was going to be problem before I even went to go look at it.
          My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

I am super crazy excited to get mine working again. It is the only thing that doesn't work on my boat from the day I bought it. However thanks to the awesome people here on TO I knew that was going to be problem before I even went to go look at it.
            My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Is the 2006 and the 2007 the same? When you fix the 2006 panel will it function more like the 2007?
              Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Originally posted by Stingreye View Post
                Is the 2006 and the 2007 the same? When you fix the 2006 panel will it function more like the 2007?
                The panels function the same, and ours will be electrically identical. What may be different is the electronics to which the panel connects. Only older boats it may be connecting directly to the ECU, where on older boats it is connecting to a Medallion box. Across that boundary in time, the functionality is almost certain to be different.

Comment

This is pretty exciting news! Using ID's tips, I repaired mine to a somewhat working state, the center button doesn't work but I can at least set the speed and adjust it up or down. Can't wait to see this new unit!

Comment

Just so I am understanding, I have an 06' does this mean I am direct through the ECU or through the Medallion box? How do I tell the difference, is it really as simple as looking under the dash for a black box that says medallion?

Side Note: Can we get a ballpark price on the upgrade? After my little boat shopping upgrade week with MLA, SeaDek, and Wet Sounds my girl is less than enthused with me

Comment

Just so I am understanding, I have an 06' does this mean I am direct through the ECU or through the Medallion box?
                      Shouldn't matter. If you have a OEM touchpad in there now, the new one will replace it. The footprint and connector are the same. Whatever is happening down the wiring harness won't know the difference.

Can we get a ballpark price on the upgrade?
                      We don't have hard numbers yet but our target is $225-250. That may sound like a lot but keep in mind this isn't likely to be a high volume production thing so it won't enjoy much in the way of economies of scale. Nevertheless, we will only design it one way - the CORRECT way - which means it will have full power protection (from polarity reversal, alternator load dump, etc.), fully duplicate the backlighting and "Cruise Enabled" lighting to retain compatibility with the OEM buttons, and so forth.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like that they used RED to indicate "Cruise Enabled". Red is the universal warning color, so it looks like the boat is signaling an error. I'm sorely tempted to use green or blue. But keeping it OEM will probably win out. So if you agree with me and hate the red, blame Tige.

Comment

Sounds good I totally understand the price point, like you said its somewhat of a limited market for them but you should also be compensated for your time and knowledge. Wonder how many owners of these that are out there and not on the forum that may be dropping the $1250 every few years to replace it. Thanks again for knowledge and tackling this issue, crazy how something so small and what LOOKS so basic is doing some pretty interesting things. Looking forward to making a purchase when they are released.

Comment

Wonder how many owners of these that are out there and not on the forum that may be dropping the $1250 every few years to replace it.
                          I think that's a key point. We need to get the word out once they are available. We'll probably contact SkiDim and other similar outfits... they're not likely to want to carry it as a product, but if they know it's available as a solution they can help their customers who call with the problem. Tige reunions might be another place where the word can be spread. Like you said, it's a limited market but owners who need them REALLY need them.

Comment

Are Tiges the only boats with these exact control panels?

Comment

IDBoating...thanks for all your work on this issue! You are saving many owners headaches on the water which is the last thing you want when enjoying a beautiful day on the lake.

Please mark me down for one as well. You can PM me with any specifics. What year range will these work? I have a 2010 Z1 with the Speedset.

Comment

Originally posted by PaceWithGrace View Post
                                Are Tiges the only boats with these exact control panels?
                                I believe so. I've never seen another panel exactly like this one. Certainly the rubber key overlay is unique to Tige, but I haven't seen a matching electronics package anywhere else. If someone has seen one, please report!

Comment

Working...
                                X