Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good stuff,THANKS

Comment

ive decided to put the 29 2 batt. bank under the head unit with the amp and future amp location .if the bank is parrallel do both batts need alt lead and onboard charger lead ? the on board is a 3 batt. with only 3 leads and i'll have 1 crank,1house and 2atstereo bank.the box where alt connects to 2 existing batts ; is that where i connect new alt leads or at house batt.

Comment

2 batt. Bank parallel? Or is there a better way and charging ,one leaD per batt. Or one lead per bank for alt and onboard chargers

Comment

ok so i ordered 3 bank smart charger ,went to pick up switches and hardware at dealer and blue sea systems rep was there and kinda talked me out of acr and said to call their techsup ,theysaid acr is installed between batteries to stop batterry a from draining battery b when volts drop below 12.75 so if i add 2- 29bank to existing i24 dc house batt with acr between them ,then when volts are above 12.75 they will be in series together

Comment

Originally posted by shawn74 View Post
            ok so i ordered 3 bank smart charger ,went to pick up switches and hardware at dealer and blue sea systems rep was there and kinda talked me out of acr and said to call their techsup ,theysaid acr is installed between batteries to stop batterry a from draining battery b when volts drop below 12.75 so if i add 2- 29bank to existing i24 dc house batt with acr between them ,then when volts are above 12.75 they will be in series together
            I need to sketch this out I cant seem to figure out how two battery banks wired ground to ground and then connected POS to POS when an ACR is closed, will end up in series!

If he said not to go with the ACR, what did he suggest? Nothing, just call the help line?
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

rep said no acr call tech, tech said use acr ,but after explaining to me how it works seems like acr would only protect # house batt from additional added #2#3 bank wich wouldnt bother me if all batts except cranking died ,would it?, and he said existing diode would prevent cranking batt from back feeding to anything ,and when i said series probably wrong term? whats it called when tied together series,tandem,parallel (i confuse them) THANKS FOR HELP TRYING TO DO THIS ONCE ON SMALL BUDGET

Comment

rep said no acr call tech, tech said use acr ,but after explaining to me how it works seems like acr would only protect # house batt from additional added #2#3 bank wich wouldnt bother me if all batts except cranking died ,would it?, and he said existing diode would prevent cranking batt from back feeding to anything ,and when i said series probably wrong term? whats it called when tied together series,tandem,parallel (i confuse them) THANKS FOR HELP TRYING TO DO THIS ONCE ON SMALL BUDGET
                yes, + to + and - to - is parallel. Thats what the ACR does, is parallel the banks when the engine is running.

So the techs said roll with the ACR?

Having the ACR between the factory "House" and the stereo bank would prevent the "House from being run down as the ACR will open below 12.75
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

so is the acr's only purpose to protect the house battery im connected to? ,and earlier you suggested switch between the 29's in case of deep discharge as not to hurt alt. good idea but how do i know when batteries go deep ,will smartcharger tell me with no ac power?

Comment

so is the acr's only purpose to protect the house battery im connected to? ,and earlier you suggested switch between the 29's in case of deep discharge as not to hurt alt. good idea but how do i know when batteries go deep ,will smartcharger tell me with no ac power?
                    An ACR is just an electronic and automatic combiner/isolator. It will combine/isolate whichever batteries or battery banks you connect it between.

Wire in a volt gauge or install a fused distrobution block/volt gauge up by the amps.

Comment

sorry for 2 threads ,i will sketch this up and scan it , to insure ive absorbed all your advice before i start ,THANKS

Comment

Working...
                      X