No announcement yet.

TAPS 2 reversed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know if there is another type of rocker switch that can replace the factory rocker that raises and lowers the TAPS? I find that little rocker to be a little frustrating. It would be nice if it was something that stuck out more so it was easier to move the taps. I find raising the TAPS I have to almost use my finger nail to move the rocker. It's easier to move the TAPS down though. Just wondering if there is something out there.

Capture.JPG
    Last edited by embo; 09-19-2010, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Just a side note and maybe someone could help me with this too.

Here's the thinking - a boat without the taps plate has nothing or 0 (zero). A boat with the taps plate completely up is basically the same as a boat without the plate right? Therefore why is it that with the plate completely up, the gauge reads 7 or whatever and with the plate completely down, the gauge reads 1. Seems to me that if a boat without a plate is 0 then the gauge would be 0 with the plate completely up and when adding taps, you are increasing the number from 0 to 7. Therefore 0 would be the wakeboarding range and increasing the taps would be going towards 7 and 7 would be slalom.

Getting use the asking for "more taps" (meaning to lower the taps plate into the water to smooth out the wave) and actually reducing the number on the gauge. Asking for "less taps" means raising the plate out of the water.

I don't know if I am the only one thinking this way, probably, but to me it makes complete sense. Less taps means going to 0 and more taps means going towards 7. Again, 0 is for wakeboarding and big waves and 7 is for slolam and smaller waves. Any comments on this?

Comment

Embo, your thinking is backwords or what actually happens with the taps. These boats actually ride lower in the water with the taps up or to say set at 7-8 than at 0-1. Your Taps set at 7 is for wakeboarding or surfing and 0 or 1 for skiing or no wake.

Hope this helps

Comment

Well, I think it's 21 years of flying planes around that is doing it to me. I actually think the number on the gauge represents the size of the wake and not the effectiveness of the TAPS.

Thanks though... I think it's a pilot thing.

Comment

I think we need to get a goverment comittee started to analize the taps and come up with a solution, which would require a tax for taps bill.
            So everybody needs to write to their congressmen.

Comment

Originally posted by embo View Post
              Well, I think it's 21 years of flying planes around that is doing it to me. I actually think the number on the gauge represents the size of the wake and not the effectiveness of the TAPS.

Thanks though... I think it's a pilot thing.
              I know exactly what you mean, the numbers do refer to the wake and are designed to relate to someone who has NO concept of trim. I ask my friends who are driving the boat to raise the nose or lower the nose, they know what I mean. Hit the trim button up (more on the taps gage) and the nose rises, hit button down (less taps) and the nose lowers (opposite of aircraft trim). I don't even call it taps, its just a trim tab, but the gage on the dash says taps so that what I resort to calling it.
              2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
              2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
                I know exactly what you mean, the numbers do refer to the wake and are designed to relate to someone who has NO concept of trim. I ask my friends who are driving the boat to raise the nose or lower the nose, they know what I mean. Hit the trim button up (more on the taps gage) and the nose rises, hit button down (less taps) and the nose lowers (opposite of aircraft trim). I don't even call it taps, its just a trim tab, but the gage on the dash says taps so that what I resort to calling it.

Thank you...I thought I finally lost my mind. I have also resorted to conform to the sport I am participating in as oppose to convert the sport.

Comment

Working...
                X