2018 RZX2 Ground Locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 RZX2 Ground Locations

Hi everyone, I am new to the Tige brand and the Ford power plant. Thanks to this forum I have learned a lot. I recently purchased a not running 2018 RZX2. The primary issue was bad fuel pumps. I got that taken care of and fired it up for the first time this weekend.

After letting it run for 5 minutes I shut it off and reviewed engine codes. 9 codes were presented I will get into those later. The root cause of a few of them seems to be poor grounds.

I cleaned up the ground from the battery to the back of the block, I cannot seem to find any others. Can anyone tell me where the primary ground locations are on this boat?

2nd there is a white single wire down by the starter that is not connected to anything. I assume it should attach to one of the studs on the starter solenoid.

thanks in advance for your help.

What were the codes? If they were anything heater open/ground short, open lazy which are the SPN 32**'s that is likely an O2 sensor.

This is really helpful. Sorry I'm no help with anything else.
    https://www.bakesonline.com/media/re...manualv1.2.pdf

Comment

Thanks for the link. I have been using that manual to diagnose, it has been quite helpful. See the table below for the codes. I believe the 723-2, 700-5, 924-5 are all ground related.
      SPN FMI Computer issue Enhanced issue
      91 4 TCP =1 low voltage FPP1 Voltage Low(Pedal Position Sensor PPS)
      29 3 TCP = 2 Voltage high FPP2 Voltage High (pedal position sensor)
      723 2 Cam Signal Noise SPN 723 FMI 2 Camshaft Input Signal Noise
      1348 5 Fuel Pump Relay Drive Open Fuel Pump Relay Coil Open
      700 5
      924 5
      707 3 Voltage High Low oil level
      94 1 Low fuel pressure
      731 15 Knock Sensor
      The low oil level I believe will clear itself. All levels are spot on. The low fuel pressure, due to the angle of my driveway I starved the pumps on one of the startups.

FPP1 & FPP2 I believe are throttle body and or throttle lever related. I just wanted to start with the basics.

Cam noise and knock sensor I hope are related. Working hypothesis is that the engine can not time its self properly because of the cam sensor issue.

Comment

Update. This engine had a pretty bad top end tick. I found a broken valve spring on cylinder 4. I looked in the cylinder with a Borescope and the valves are in good shape. That should fix the ticking the knock sensor error and hopefully the cam noise error.

the low and high voltage pedal sensor I think tie back to the throttle control. I reached out to Livorsi and they were very helpful. They provided a diagnostic sheet and a pin out of the wires. I am hoping I can pull that out tomorrow and diagnose it. Does anyone have experience taking the panel off that secures the throttle control? There is only one visible screw so I am guessing the bolts are hidden behind the panel.

Comment

image_53002.png Livorsi pin out diagram. Livorsi throttle .png
          Last edited by azbjamin; 02-03-2024, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X