2018 RZX2 Ground Locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 RZX2 Ground Locations

Hi everyone, I am new to the Tige brand and the Ford power plant. Thanks to this forum I have learned a lot. I recently purchased a not running 2018 RZX2. The primary issue was bad fuel pumps. I got that taken care of and fired it up for the first time this weekend.

After letting it run for 5 minutes I shut it off and reviewed engine codes. 9 codes were presented I will get into those later. The root cause of a few of them seems to be poor grounds.

I cleaned up the ground from the battery to the back of the block, I cannot seem to find any others. Can anyone tell me where the primary ground locations are on this boat?

2nd there is a white single wire down by the starter that is not connected to anything. I assume it should attach to one of the studs on the starter solenoid.

thanks in advance for your help.

What were the codes? If they were anything heater open/ground short, open lazy which are the SPN 32**'s that is likely an O2 sensor.

This is really helpful. Sorry I'm no help with anything else.
    https://www.bakesonline.com/media/re...manualv1.2.pdf

Comment

Thanks for the link. I have been using that manual to diagnose, it has been quite helpful. See the table below for the codes. I believe the 723-2, 700-5, 924-5 are all ground related.
      SPN FMI Computer issue Enhanced issue
      91 4 TCP =1 low voltage FPP1 Voltage Low(Pedal Position Sensor PPS)
      29 3 TCP = 2 Voltage high FPP2 Voltage High (pedal position sensor)
      723 2 Cam Signal Noise SPN 723 FMI 2 Camshaft Input Signal Noise
      1348 5 Fuel Pump Relay Drive Open Fuel Pump Relay Coil Open
      700 5
      924 5
      707 3 Voltage High Low oil level
      94 1 Low fuel pressure
      731 15 Knock Sensor
      The low oil level I believe will clear itself. All levels are spot on. The low fuel pressure, due to the angle of my driveway I starved the pumps on one of the startups.

FPP1 & FPP2 I believe are throttle body and or throttle lever related. I just wanted to start with the basics.

Cam noise and knock sensor I hope are related. Working hypothesis is that the engine can not time its self properly because of the cam sensor issue.

Comment

Update. This engine had a pretty bad top end tick. I found a broken valve spring on cylinder 4. I looked in the cylinder with a Borescope and the valves are in good shape. That should fix the ticking the knock sensor error and hopefully the cam noise error.

the low and high voltage pedal sensor I think tie back to the throttle control. I reached out to Livorsi and they were very helpful. They provided a diagnostic sheet and a pin out of the wires. I am hoping I can pull that out tomorrow and diagnose it. Does anyone have experience taking the panel off that secures the throttle control? There is only one visible screw so I am guessing the bolts are hidden behind the panel.

Comment

image_53002.png Livorsi pin out diagram. Livorsi throttle .png
          Last edited by azbjamin; 02-03-2024, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Hi everyone, wanted to tie out this thread I now have quite a lot of understanding of these engines and their wiring harness. The reason for my codes was several factors.
            1. The throttle/shifter had in fact failed it was a pretty reasonable rebuild by Livorsi
            2. The engine dropped a valve into cylinder 8. I found the valve in the exhaust which I thought was pretty impressive that it still ran - that explains the ticking

My dad and I swapped out the engine and we are on our way back together. What is frustrating is I believe the replacement engine has a failed cam phaser. I will finish diagnosing that this weekend, then hopefully we are back on the water. It was pretty frustrating that the design of the back end of the boat did not allow for the engine to be lifted straight out. Fortunately we have a friend with a forklift that saved the day. Got some funny looks from people walking by when we were swapping the engine at the end of a col de sac.

IMG_8484.jpg
            IMG_8689.jpg
            New Engine In, sigh of relief.​

Comment

Working...
            X