No announcement yet.

Switch Panel Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've about got my "custom" switch panel finished. I'm having a problem wiring the bilge pump. I was smart enough to label wires and take pictures before taking everything apart, but my picture isn't clear enough to figure out what this wire goes to.

One end was connected to the same place on the old terminal strip as the bilge pump wire, but I'm not sure about the other end. Apparently I forgot to label the other end

One end has some sort of resistor or something on it.

I've got some basic knowledge with electrics, but this wire has got me baffled. Apparently it's important because the bilge pump won't work without it.

Anybody help me out here?

Thanks

Comment

That resistor is actually a diode to prevent reverse current flow. My guess is that the wire goes from the hot side of the ignition switch to the bilge pump connector. This allows the bilge pump to operate regardless of the setting of the ignition switch and will allow the pump to activate using the float switch.
      Ray Thompson
      2005 22V

Comment

I believe your correct about it being a diode. I was playing around with it and my multimeter and could only measure voltage in one direction.

Probably right about the other too. My bilge pump isn't automatic though, but it may have been automatic from the factory and been replaced since.

It may be that the bilge pump has gone bad although I've never had one go bad while sitting over the winter.

Thanks for the response - gives me a direction to look.

Comment

check the auto bilge pump wire connection at the pump. it always has power running to it and that tends to cause problems if that connection is underwater.
          Greg Denton
          former service mgr. Tige Watersports July 95-July 05

Comment

Working...
          X